Harmonium - L'heptade - New 5.1 mix of classic 1976 Canadian album

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Simon A

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
This is one I'd been dreaming of and it's finally coming true. Squeeee indeed! :)

Classic French Canadian Prog Rock band Harmonium's L'heptade is getting the deluxe treatment which includes a new 5.1 mix of the top selling double album. I'm assuming that this will be a DVD-V so is why it's in this section. I'll only be happier if this is indeed a DVD-A. It's a double album of beautiful mellow pop/folk rock with symphonic arrangements.

I'm glad to report than on top of the mega box set, there is a 2 CD + 1 DVD set that will be released on November 18. You can pre-order here.

Wikipedia describes the album like this:

The third album, L'Heptade, was released in 1976 after months of recording in Serge Fiori's own house. The songs describe seven stages of consciousness in a person's day or life.[4] The first and the last songs are named "Comme un fou" and "Comme un sage", indicating a progression towards wisdom; from fool to a sage.

Prog Archives adds:

With "L'Heptade", they reached their symphonic/progressive zenith. In addition to the now increasingly large band, classical instruments and mellotron are used throughout. This elegant double album is a testament to the potential of the genre. Both are really satisfying; if you are a confirmed proggy-prog band head,to begin with.

Fans of Supertramp and more Folk oriented Rock bands will need this in their collection. As a French Canadian, this is as big a news as if Crime Of The Century was getting the 5.1 treatment.

Here's an example of the music found on this lovely album:

[video=youtube;uTC7WgR-gcw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTC7WgR-gcw&list=PL9DMrSadmpOpt52VL-N99OSTnICbcMsWA[/video]

Should some of you decide to go for the mega set (it'll be quite nice actually) here is the pre-order page.

Lheptade%20XL_zpsgcgy2aqi.jpg

Here's the Barclay James Harvest sounding closing track:

[video=youtube;uFY-C3hT080]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFY-C3hT080&index=8&list=PL9DMrSadmpOpt52VL-N99OSTnICbcMsWA[/video]

Wow... I did not expect this one. Along with Jaune from Jean-Pierre Ferland, this will be the second french canadian album to receive the 5.1 treatment. And a great album as well. A definitive buy for me.
Merci Simon.

Envoyé de mon ASUS_Z00AD en utilisant Tapatalk

Wow... I did not expect this one. Along with Jaune from Jean-Pierre Ferland, this will be the second french canadian album to receive the 5.1 treatment. And a great album as well. A definitive buy for me.
Merci Simon.

Envoyé de mon ASUS_Z00AD en utilisant Tapatalk

With your Avatar being the cover for their second album, I had a feeling you'd be happy with this release. :)

Espérons que le mix sera bon.

Tabernacle ! :banana:

LOL! Actually, it would be more like Tabarnak! :D

Funny as I so rarely swear in French Canadian. I'll use English, French, American or German expressions instead. I find them more colourful and exotic. :)

Merde alors! :yikes

(Sorry for the french swearing from both sides of the ocean!)

This is indeed great news, as the stereo master tape was damaged (according to Wikipedia). It would have been great even in stereo only!

Speaking as someone who does not speak French (French Canadian) but does have and really enjoys 'Jaune' (DVDA) by Jean-Pierre Ferland I have just preordered Hope its as good.

Speaking as someone who does not speak French (French Canadian) but does have and really enjoys 'Jaune' (DVDA) by Jean-Pierre Ferland I have just preordered Hope its as good.

It's quite different musically and was recorded a few years after Jaune. It'll be more akin to The Moody Blues and Barclay James Harvest.

Although French Canadian has the same roots as French, it sounds pretty different. The accents are different and Serge Fiori's voice is rather unique. I still think you'll enjoy it.

There is a certain lyrical lilt to the French language, which drives a different kind of swing to the music than say German the other extreme with krautrock.

I do love both styles

There is a certain lyrical lilt to the French language, which drives a different kind of swing to the music than say German the other extreme with krautrock.

I do love both styles

Ah.. it does that, to be sure, to be sure.. lets all be Europhiles together (while we still can..!! :eek: ) Vive Le DVD-Audio..!! :p

Do any of you mesdames et messieurs know when this is coming out, or rather, making its surround sound "debut"?

Ah.. it does that, to be sure, to be sure.. lets all be Europhiles together (while we still can..!! :eek: ) Vive Le DVD-Audio..!! :p

Do any of you mesdames et messieurs know when this is coming out, or rather, making its surround sound "debut"?

November 18 according to Amazon.ca says this Monsieur. :)

From the supplied samples (merci, Simon) am really looking forward to this release. Although I took 4 years of Latin and seven years of Spanish (and am fluent in NEITHER), the language of LOVE is always welcomed in the 4-earred household.

Didn't see this coming, but it's a no brainer as far as I am concerned.
Hope this is the beginning of all the Harmonium albums being released like this, especially their fabulous first!

Well I've never heard of them before, sounds good, so ordered :) The CD/DVD is around CA$29 and the shipping to the UK around CA$25 :( - so about £32, the price we pay for being addicted to surround music!

Well I've never heard of them before, sounds good, so ordered :) The CD/DVD is around CA$29 and the shipping to the UK around CA$25 :( - so about £32, the price we pay for being addicted to surround music!

Bit mad isn't it.. as much as I want this I just can't stretch to it right now, maybe closer the time if I cancel the big PF set or something.. the CD/DVD package itself is good VFM I'm sure.. but with the international shipping etc., IDK..

Lads, here's what I can propose to you. Anybody who's located abroad and wants this set can send me a PM. You can have it sent to my address (with the free shipping option). Once I get the sets, I'll mail them to you directly. I'll charge you for exact shipping, which should be around $12 to $15 CAD.

I want you guys to get a chance to enjoy this superb album. :)

Back