Mostly Autumn Passengers Sacd

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a good album. The band are heavily influenced by Pink Floyd (one of their live sets is a Floyd tribute) but the female singer adds a different dimension so they end up as a sort of Pink Floyd fronted by the Wilsons from Heart. I'd go for the SACD as this is the hi-res version. I had the DVD-A version briefly but it turned out to be just a DTS surround track with some distortion on one track. The SACD is much cleaner. It's a discrete mix with the rears used for instruments and effects. If you like Floyd it's highly recommended.

mattB2 said:
It's a good album. The band are heavily influenced by Pink Floyd (one of their live sets is a Floyd tribute) but the female singer adds a different dimension so they end up as a sort of Pink Floyd fronted by the Wilsons from Heart. I'd go for the SACD as this is the hi-res version. I had the DVD-A version briefly but it turned out to be just a DTS surround track with some distortion on one track. The SACD is much cleaner. It's a discrete mix with the rears used for instruments and effects. If you like Floyd it's highly recommended.

Are we talking about the one by them called Passengers ? I am interested in this also, but i can't figure out if it is a live concert or a studio album ? :confused:
THANKS

Last edited:
The Passengers SACD is the studio version. There is a live SACD called "At The Grand Opera House" which features a lot of the "Passengers" material (plus "Comfortably Numb" to go back to the Floyd roots). "Passengers" also features on the DVD of the "V-Shows" which is excellent (particularly the two-DVD version if it's still around anywhere).

MIDIQ said:
... the one by them called Passengers ? [..] I can't figure out if it is a live concert or a studio album ? :confused:
No wonder as there were/are at least these:
- CD (of course)
- a DTS (and DD) 5.1 version (somewhat confusing called audio DVD, but not a DVD-Audio)
- and now the SACD of this. These are from the same studio recordings.
Good stuff if you like rock with some folk influence, and a fine 5.1 mix too.

Also available are
- DVD-V Mostly Autumn Live at the Grand Opera House York, which is a live concert where much of the same material is played.
- DVD-V Next Chapter, which contains the making of Passengers.

So, the SACD seems the best choice, now it's available (on the site the standout track "Pass the Clock" isn't listed, that must be a mistake)

Last edited:
Thanks for the helpful information. I will try to get a copy of the DTS DVD or SACD, the music sounds like it will be great. THANKS. :)

peterzach said:
I also thank those for providing info. as based on what has been said i will try ordering the sacd, thanks again.
Can this only be ordered from the U.K., as shipping is very expensive from overseas, costs as much as the cd itself. If anyone knows any site from North America to order this from please post it, thanks.

You can get the DTS {DVDA ??} at acoustic sounds. Its not real cheap, but not too badly priced. I would rather have the SACD, but can't find it anywhere in the US, so i will probably get this instead. At least it is still surround. :)

this is a good sounding disc as has been explained. I was sent a dts by accident but now I have found it at another site and good price as well(14.99). If you like a band that mixes Pink Floyd,Rennaisance and maybe has a touch of Fleetwood Mac/Heart because of female vocals this is a winner.

Here is website that has it for 14.99.

http://www.kinesiscd.com/storeframe1.htm

The guitar player is a dead ringer for David Gilmour's in timbre, rhythm, and style. I played these songs for a friend telling him that it was his new album mixed in surround. He was convinced. That is, is until he asked to see at the case. :rolleyes:

zabble said:
The guitar player is a dead ringer for David Gilmour's in timbre, rhythm, and style.

I meant to say the guitar player's VOICE is a dead ringer for Gilmour's in timbre, rhythm, and style (though his guitar playing is certainly influenced by D.G's guitar playing as well).

I found a copy of the DTS disc the other day in a used CD store. It's in an unusual sized jewel box. Haven't had a chance to play it yet, but for $5 I figured I'd give it a shot.

Was this a European release only? Looks like the label is called "Classic Rock Legends"! Never heard of this one.

I can't remember from where I got it, but the version I have is SACD.

Wow. I clicked on the link in the first post of the thread, and I got "This domain is available!"

Guess the label went under. :(

....There is a live SACD called "At The Grand Opera House" which features a lot of the "Passengers" material (plus "Comfortably Numb" to go back to the Floyd roots)....

Just got the "At The Grand Opera House" disc .....I'm not a huge fan of live concert discs, but this has a better than most live mix with plenty happening in the rear channels.

Back