Quad LP/Tape Poll Green, Al: Greatest Hits [Q8/Q4]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate Al's Greatest Hits

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 5: So-so

• 1: Bad Mix, Bad Sound, Bad Content

• Total voters

EMB

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
Reissued decades later with alternate mixes and track content, this is the original Quad version(which was apparently folded to stereo for the stereo LP), and another cornestore of the Quad collector's library. Obviously, a pity there is no vinyl edition, but there was a Quad reel, which made up for that somewhat.

Beyond the Quad mixes, the key differences here, relative to the original versions, was the extended take of "Let's Stay Together," which matches the 45/Lp version but ran much longer; and the long version of "Let's Get Married."

Tracks:

1. Tired Of Being Alone
2. Call Me(Come Back Home)
3. I'm Still In Love With You
4. Here I Am(Come And Take Me)
5. How Can You Mend A Broken Heart

6. Let's Stay Together
7. I Can't Get Next To You
8. You Ought To Be With Me
9. Look What You Done For Me
10. Let's Get Married

Y'know, lookin' at that Q8 scan, methinks that tape shell needs a touch o' cleanin'....:D

ED :)

Attachments

• Al Green GH Q8300x398.jpg
    Al Green GH Q8300x398.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 434
Last edited:
The "HiRez" version, 1970's style..........

Attachments

• al green.jpg
    al green.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 384
narcopolo said:
Anyone ever heard an Al Green Call Me quad reel that isn't defective?

hi i have the Al Green Call Me Q4 what is defective on the Reel ?????? i did a DTS of it. long time ago in a Galaxy far far....... ups i got carried away. and can't recall hearing anything wrong with it ?????? thanks Gerardo

While I can enjoy the DVD-A for what it is, must confess it was something of a disappointment, because the precedent was set with this very fine Quad mix, which really isolates the instruments well and leaves Al free to roam around.

Of course, beyond the mix differences, the DVD-A was based on The Right Stuff CD reissue, which altered not only the track listing(and expanded upon it)but used stereo masters, meaning "Let's Stay Together" is the 45/Lp short version, not the full-length, from-the-session-tape as found here and on the stereo(which must have been folded from the Quad)Lp from 1975.

This is really a keeper for me....Al was in his prime, and this is the best of that time. Still a knockout after all these years!

ED :)

Back