Matrix H

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ingresman

300 Club - QQ All-Star
Does anyone remember the BBC Matrix H format and broadcasts ?
I've got wish you were here but it's a bit hissy (my tape deck never liked memorex tapes) as well as some motors tracks and some Steve Gibbons.
I think I also have Jack Bruce in concert where he does a round-robin of the chanels - fun days !

ingresman said:
Does anyone remember the BBC Matrix H format and broadcasts ?
I've got wish you were here but it's a bit hissy (my tape deck never liked memorex tapes) as well as some motors tracks and some Steve Gibbons.
I think I also have Jack Bruce in concert where he does a round-robin of the chanels - fun days !

I have a Matrix H Demo disc
put out by the BBC
Also there is a matrix H record by Nimbus and they have a matrix HJ
before they went to UHJ plus there was a QS LP
ron

Matrix H eventually morphed into UHJ (Nimbus Records was the biggest supporter) for Ambisonic recordings. Virgin also released an album by David Bedford called "Instructions for Angels", which I have in my collection. It plays pretty well via Dolby PLII. Music is kinda dry, though.

I'm working on a software decoder for SQ and if I get it to work I'll move on to QS (although I have no source for this yet). when thats done I'll do the 60degree shift to decode the Matrix H.
I've got quite a bit of H stuff (on tape so maybee not too good) and I'll report back.

Back