Cat Stevens Gr. Hits CD-4

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ress4278

300 Club - QQ All-Star
QQ Supporter
Since 2002/2003
This is a wonky recording. I only played side 1 so far. I reversed the phono leads and things sound better. Is this typical for all of these pressings?

My roommate just picked one up, which I'm looking forward to experimenting with. I'll have to report back after I get around to playing with it.

...it's better than the q8 of tea for the tillerman....which is basically double stereo...
some tracks are quite good...
the remix of peace train means you get an edited ending though.

I have all of these files on my PC that I ripped from my Q8s. Actually, I haven't listened to them critically in some time. My intent was to make a Cat Stevens DVD-A for the car with "all the good tunes", so I guess I'll have to check them out soon.

As per the question at hand, I honestly don't ever remember "reversing" the phono leads to improve CD-4 performance. This is an interesting thing to try. Don't know why I never did. Has anyone else tried this with success?

Going by memory, I liked the mix, though some are better done than others. That said, "Peace Train," if it fades a bit early, is the 45 edit.

And because of this interest, started THIS thread.

ED :)

Turns out the intro to the 1st song on the 2nd side skips. I'll see if I can get refunded. It was a sealed copy. Based on what I'm hearing, I don't think I'll chase down another copy

Back