‘Concert For George’ is the next release in the SDE Surround Series

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

5.1 4 Life

300 Club - QQ All-Star
On 29 November 2002, one year after his passing, Olivia Harrison and Eric Clapton organised a performance tribute to celebrate the life and music of George Harrison. Held at London’s Royal Albert Hall, the momentous evening featured George’s songs, and music he loved, performed by artists including Eric Clapton, Joe Brown, Dhani Harrison, Jools Holland, Jeff Lynne, Paul McCartney, Monty Python, Tom Petty, Billy Preston, Ravi & Anoushka Shankar, Ringo Starr and more.

Concert For George captures stunning renditions of some of the most significant music of the 20th century, including ‘While My Guitar Gently Weeps‘ (featuring Clapton on guitar, McCartney on piano and Starr on drums), ‘Taxman‘ (performed by Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers) and ‘The Inner Light‘ (covered by Jeff Lynne and Anoushka Shankar). Lynne, Harrison’s longtime friend and collaborator, produced the audio elements of the concert, while Clapton oversaw the entire proceedings as Musical Director.

In collaboration with Craft Recordings, SDE is proud to exclusively offer the brand new Dolby Atmos Mix of Concert For George on limited edition blu-ray audio.

Read More Here-
https://superdeluxeedition.com/news...-the-next-release-in-the-sde-surround-series/

I just placed my pre-order. I’m surprised that there’re not more posts about this one. A lot of people are going to be seriously pissed to find out that they missed the ordering window after this sells out.
Pretty sure there was another thread started sooner than this one and it had much more chatter about this release.

ABBEAE1D-EC12-4687-8EEE-69DFE9FA11B2.jpeg

Seems I was an ass when I made an account, my message said Hi Mr.
Shame it is delayed but I appreciate the note instead of the guessing that so many shops put us through.

And with the delay will come a slight change in numbering to reflect the delay... 6.7. (OK, maybe not. Did we ever hear specifically why it got a 6.5 numbering? I know there was a reason, obviously, but missed if specifics were given.)

Right now, one of the joys of this series is that it feels there’s something coming each month, so delays don’t feel as bad.

At the rate Paul is starting to put stuff out, I can be quite content getting a new disc each month. Orbital is doing a slow crawl through the U.K. postal system and might make it to me by the end of this month, George and TYA is due next month, Bob is due in April.

Hopefully soon we can pencil-in a May release.

While we ALL anxiously await SDE's Concert for George [BD~A ATMOS] look what arrived in this morning's mail. A box set containing 2 extremely well mastered RBCDs and 2 BD~Vs: BD~V 1: The Theatrical Version w/additional material: 2'20" and BD~V 2: the entire concert: 2'26" in 1080p resolution. A 30 page booklet is enclosed. Comes in a sturdy slipcase. From Craft Recordings [Concord Music Group]. The BD~Vs are DTS~HD MA 5.1 but ambience in the rears [not discrete]!

https://www.deepdiscount.com/concer...ncert-for-george-2-blu-rays2-cds/888072030039

Last edited:
The entire George Harrison catalog has been remixed to Dolby Atmos and will be released through BMG, I thought there would be an announcement here already.

The entire George Harrison catalog has been remixed to Dolby Atmos and will be released through BMG, I thought there would be an announcement here already.

Got a mention earlier in post #5,617 of the Listening to Dolby Atmos Streaming mega-thread, where we've been listening to them since Saturday when they mysteriously appeared unannounced.

#5,617

Back