Steven Wilson 06) Surround Sound: Where Do We Go From Here?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Really hoping BD will catch on with lots of people with home theater now. I introduced someone to HR who had a HT setup.
He's now looking at an oppo too. But lots more needs to be out on BD too.

So little MC music so far on BD. Lots of Petty and Immersion.

Perhaps the music industry will give BD a chance. Everyone here is waiting. The record labels are masters at leaving money on the table. Don't hold your breath.

What happened to that big announcement from WEA that was to happen this year? 1/4 of the year is over. Probably just blowin' smoke :smokin

yeah, that's weird. since the DVD hit the market, there are no movie made with stereo sound.
and guess what, studios never had asked consumers, do they wanna movie with soundtrack in surround.
contrary with music, studios constantly continue to whining that consumers do not wanted such format
but they never gave justification on the prices for equipment to play SACD/DVDA and now for all those
shit-filled boxes.

Otto, don't get me started! How many movies have little or nothing in the rears? My favorite are the TV shows, especially news and talk, where they decode in Dullby Digital and the only sound comes out of the center channel for the whole hour. Where I come from, that's called mono. So it decodes. Big deal. Stereo is better than that. Smoke & mirrors.

Otto, don't get me started! How many movies have little or nothing in the rears? My favorite are the TV shows, especially news and talk, where they decode in Dullby Digital and the only sound comes out of the center channel for the whole hour. Where I come from, that's called mono. So it decodes. Big deal. Stereo is better than that. Smoke & mirrors.

All tv I get is all DD, but lots is 2.0 and when they do offer 5.1 it's all BS! I do not even bother switching it on anymore. We used to get all worked up over VHS with dolby, and when dvd's came out, it was DD 5.1 that is also a big joke!
You have like 100 watts x 5 and the rears are used for what? Shit! Like I have seen here, life is not in stereo, it's in all channels! at once! I like the set up page on one disc I have Celebrate the music of weather report, and the kids ID'ing channels. someone should bring this to the attention or the producers of this stuff. bulls hit again.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Quad Linda
So little MC music so far on BD. Lots of Petty and Immersion.
Lots of classical. :)

lots of Alexander Jero ;)

I remember hearing a DTS laserdisc of Walt Disneys Beauty and the Beast being demonstrated in a high end audio store and was blown away by the rear surround channels...birds flying from front ot back etc... Imagine my suprise when I got the dvd of that laserdisc and wondered..what hapened to all of that surround stuff in the rear channels? I dont even turn my back channel amps on any more when I watch movies because there is just not enough put back there in DVDs to interest me.. Ive never heard a better movie surround track than that laserdisc....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back