(1972-10) R-E mag - Quad Headphones

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
https://worldradiohistory.com/Archi...0s/1972/Radio-Electronics-1972-10.pdf#page=38^^^
"Until you've heard 4-channel ambient or SQ decode through 4-channel headphones, you just ain't heard nuthin' yet!"

Kirk Bayne
That was an early article, I'm sure the SQ decode was via a basic decoder which should sound nice over quad phones. The same article states that discrete was not as good, which is possible as there is no phasiness to enhance the effect.. Those Koss phones placed the drivers vertically which IMHO does not produce as good an effect as those phones with the drivers placed horizontally. Frequency response being poorer on the back channels, might be deliberate as that was what was done with the phase 2+2 phones but I think that it is more likely due the driver placement in the phones. The drivers in all the original Koss Quadraphones look to have the same drivers.

Koss had some incredible Quadraphones back in the 70's.

But for now I think I'll stick with my open ear Sony headphones , and my Sony ipod buds. Simple but effective.
At least as far as listening to SQ or any of the other matrices.

👨‍🚀

Back