1978 Apartment in VA Beach - The "Stereo"!!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jon and other ex military servicemen, if there isn't a thread for you guys somebody start one! I can listen to these tiny anecdotes all day.
I was only 4 in '77 so I couldn't serve myself šŸ˜‰.
But an awful lot of you guys, being of the right age for quad and this type of thing, post on Facebook groups, mentioning of these little events - but
they're fascinating insights. I wonder how much of my equipment originated overseas like this....

I had not discovered quad yet so my first time over I picked up the Sansui 5000X with a couple SP-3500 speakers, the destroyer I was on was decommissioned so they sent me to school in San Diego. I woke the barracks up one morning with those 3500 with Time from Pink Floyd. Discovered quad later my next trip to the Philippines PX it was nice to be able to bring it back aboard ship but Jon is correct it was heavy to carry that Sansui QRX-7500. I traded the first Sansui setup with my dad for a 54 Corvette buts that's a whole story by itself.

Back