• QuadraphonicQuad welcomes you and encourages your participation! Treat all members with respect. Please keep all discussions civil, even when you have a strong opinion on a particular topic.

Do not offer for free, offer for sale, offer for trade, or request copies or files of copyrighted material - no matter how rare or unavailable to the public they might be. We do not condone the illegal sharing of music. There are many places on the internet where you can participate in such transactions, but QuadraphonicQuad is not one of them. We are here to encourage and support new multichannel releases from those companies that still provide them and as such the distribution of illegal copies of recordings is counter-productive to that effort. Any posts of this sort will be deleted without notification.

Please try to avoid discussions that pit one format against another. Hint for new users: make liberal use of the search facilities here at QuadraphonicQuad. Our message base is an incredibly rich resource of detailed information on virtually all topics pertaining to surround-sound. You will be surprised at what you can find with a little digging!

2 More Jimi Hendrix Stereo SACDs Coming from Analogue Productions

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

bmoura

Super Moderator
Staff member
Since 2002/2003
Coming in 2018.

Jimi Hendrix albums Are You Experienced? & Axis: Bold As Love on Hybrid Layer Super Audio CD from Analogue Productions.
Just announced in Acoustic Sounds new catalog.

Each SACD will include Mono and Stereo mixes of each album. Newly remastered from the Original Analog Master Tapes by Bernie Grundman.

New Jimi Hendrix SACDs in 2018 from Analogue Productions.jpg

Clint Eastwood

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
WHOA....for a medium that is supposed to be on the verge of collapse...those shiny silver discs are releasing some blockbuster albums...the thought of getting "clean" versions of PURPLE HAZE and FOXY LADY is a bucket list item for me...all I need for my Hendrix trilogy of desires is All Along The Watchtower...my favorite JH selection....now I won't be able to get Purple Haze out of my head...there will be random shouts of Purple Haze in my private moments(when nobody is around)....thank goodness they didn't select the UK version of this album...it doesn't have PURPLE HAZE..HEY JOE...or THE WIND CRIES MARY..

Are you experienced(and I think the answer is yes to that question)has 4 killer songs on it... and is one of the top 500 albums of all time...what a home run this will be for AP:cool:

GOS

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
I recently purchased the vinyl of Are You Experienced....even the vinyl sounds very good....I expect these SACD will be spectacular. And, I will know firsthand....

bmoura

Super Moderator
Staff member
Since 2002/2003
WHOA....for a medium that is supposed to be on the verge of collapse...those shiny silver discs are releasing some blockbuster albums...the thought of getting "clean" versions of PURPLE HAZE and FOXY LADY is a bucket list item for me...all I need for my Hendrix trilogy of desires is All Along The Watchtower...my favorite JH selection....now I won't be able to get Purple Haze out of my head...there will be random shouts of Purple Haze in my private moments(when nobody is around)....thank goodness they didn't select the UK version of this album...it doesn't have PURPLE HAZE..HEY JOE...or THE WIND CRIES MARY..

Are you experienced(and I think the answer is yes to that question)has 4 killer songs on it... and is one of the top 500 albums of all time...what a home run this will be for AP:cool:
Yes and Yes.

Optical disc sales continue to fade.
And this is going to be a fine pair of albums to add to the SACD release list. :)

marpow

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Coming in 2018.

Jimi Hendrix albums Are You Experienced? & Axis: Bold As Love on Hybrid Layer Super Audio CD from Analogue Productions.
Just announced in Acoustic Sounds new catalog.

Each SACD will include Mono and Stereo mixes of each album. Newly remastered from the Original Analog Master Tapes by Bernie Grundman.

View attachment 31297
This is something real. I’ll take SACD stereo Hendrix any day of week. Maybe they’ll have DSD downloads?

bmoura

Super Moderator
Staff member
Since 2002/2003
This is something real. I’ll take SACD stereo Hendrix any day of week. Maybe they’ll have DSD downloads?
Could be.
Depends on the terms of the licensing deal with the artist's estate and the record label.

Clint Eastwood

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Yes and Yes.

Optical disc sales continue to fade.
And this is going to be a fine pair of albums to add to the SACD release list. :)
Optical discs are down...but not out...I remember many retail outlets saying 5 years ago they weren't going to sell DVD's anymore...but they still do...we(on forums like this one)sometimes are a little out of touch with mainstream(general public) users...I see people in these stores buying their first HD television...which is hard to believe since HD has been around in the US since 1998...almost 20 years...yes the numbers are down...but it can still survive...if vinyl can survive...so can the other shiny disc formats...I'm just thankful we are getting these special titles now...when I can still enjoy them:)

bmoura

Super Moderator
Staff member
Since 2002/2003
Optical discs are down...but not out.
They definitely are. A quote from another record industry exec this week:
"Yes I am afraid that less SACD's will be produced. We hear this from more labels now as the download business is taking off."

mlrocker

400 Club - QQ All-Star
QQ Supporter
yeah, I wonder what it costs to get that opportunity, access to multitracks.:yikes if the price is right, they just might.

Clint Eastwood

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
And, I think you can even pre-order them right? If so, maybe it's so they have "some" clue how many thousands to press....
Yes you can preorder...and the encouraging thing about this pre order is that it's from AP...unlike MoFi ....which drags out these releases..AP has a pretty good track record for releasing on time..

Group builder