• QuadraphonicQuad welcomes you and encourages your participation! Treat all members with respect. Please keep all discussions civil, even when you have a strong opinion on a particular topic.

Do not offer for free, offer for sale, offer for trade, or request copies or files of copyrighted material - no matter how rare or unavailable to the public they might be. We do not condone the illegal sharing of music. There are many places on the internet where you can participate in such transactions, but QuadraphonicQuad is not one of them. We are here to encourage and support new multichannel releases from those companies that still provide them and as such the distribution of illegal copies of recordings is counter-productive to that effort. Any posts of this sort will be deleted without notification.

Please try to avoid discussions that pit one format against another. Hint for new users: make liberal use of the search facilities here at QuadraphonicQuad. Our message base is an incredibly rich resource of detailed information on virtually all topics pertaining to surround-sound. You will be surprised at what you can find with a little digging!

2 More Jimi Hendrix Stereo SACDs Coming from Analogue Productions

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

bmoura

Super Moderator
Staff member
Since 2002/2003
True but, in defense of MoFi and AP(I can't believe that I'm typing this!), they're trying to get the rights to the catalogs of artists who are amazingly difficult to strike a deal with - unlike the a lot of the artists whose catalogs(for the most part) at least appear to have less obvious salability in the current market(not that DV has an easy a time of it - just ask Steelydave!). Anyway, think Hendrix and Dylan, for instance, on one side and then think Paul Revere and the Raiders, the Guess Who and BW Stevenson on the other. Please, no flames; just trying to be circumspect and completely honest here.
That is right. As Chad Kassem says "there are years and then there are Hendrix Years and Pink Floyd years, which are much longer...."
If you want to license the major artists and albums, the degree of difficulty in doing so, gets much higher.

4-earredwonder

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Amazon.com has just cancelled my order for the Are You Experienced SACD due to not being available :cry:
AFAIK, Duncan, Music Direct has still not canceled mine. Not surprised at Amazon. AmazonUK just screwed up royally and sent me a duplicate order from October 2019 which I ALREADY received. Now I have to hassle with their customer service department!

4-earredwonder

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Music Direct never cancels my order...lmao! Bastages......they just don't deliver.
Gene, I've been ordering from them for years [including lots of equipment] and I've NEVER EVER had an issue with them. Sorry to hear that.

Their service department, in fact, has given me nothing but GREAT advice and I've also saved tons of money with their frequent sales.

4-earredwonder

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
I think a lot of us would be more excited if AP announced after this interminable two+ year wait that it was going to be remixed into multichannel.

And the absolute irony: The box set of Electric Ladyland with the superb BD~A 5.1 remix was only a few dollars more than AP's $35 list price for the single Stereo SACD of ARE YOU EXPERIENCED...and if you recall, was released with little or no FANFARE!

Last edited:

Mcallister

I think a lot of us would be more excited if AP announced after this interminable two+ year wait that it was going to be remixed into multichannel.

And the absolute irony: The box set of Electric Ladyland with the superb BD~A 5.1 remix was only a few dollars more than AP's $35 list price for the single Stereo SACD of ARE YOU EXPERIENCED...and if you recall, was released with little or no FANFARE!
on the Beatles station a couple weeks ago Eddie Kramer was being interviewed and said he was working on more multichannel Hendrix, no other details however.

5.1 4 Life

But the people who are working on this edition feel that there is a reason.....
Okay; I'm sure there a reason for the long delay in Acoustic Sounds' release of Are You Experienced? on SACD but I'd like know what it is. After all, it's been over a year since their Axis: Bold As Love set.

halbroome

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
I made a thread on "when do you give up on long-term orders that do not appear" -- paraphrased, but you know what I mean.

About time to cancel MusicDirect and get my money back?

Group builder