2 More Jimi Hendrix Stereo SACDs Coming from Analogue Productions

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I made a thread on "when do you give up on long-term orders that do not appear" -- paraphrased, but you know what I mean.

About time to cancel MusicDirect and get my money back?

I don't know if you did cancel back in March...but I would go in your order history and see if it's still there....sometimes the orders are eliminated after a long period passes and no release...if it's there I would email them and make sure it's still valid....these outlets are computer driven and sometimes you have a Hal 9000 situation

I still have a hard time remembering where I ordered this one. Maybe Music Direct. Why, I think I'll go look.
Oh for criminy sakes man; it’ll be OK - I have a hard time remembering what I had for breakfast, let alone some freakin’ ‘vaporware’ title ordered 3 years ago!
But hey, just order another one with next day FedEx and you’ll get it faster.

Oh for criminy sakes man; it’ll be OK - I have a hard time remembering what I had for breakfast, let alone some freakin’ ‘vaporware’ title ordered 3 years ago!
But hey, just order another one with next day FedEx and you’ll get it faster.
LOL! Yes, yes. So, as a sign of the times, I log into Music Direct, go to order history.....and it spins and spins and spins. Then tells me order history is not available. Please try later. lmfao! Of course....

I still have a hard time remembering where I ordered this one. Maybe Music Direct. Why, I think I'll go look.

Pretty sure it was Music Direct -- they had an awesome deal for the two of them. Guess I better check, as well. Acoustic Sounds would have been a surer thing (but much more expensive . . . I admire their shipping, but man, you pay for it!).

[edit: looks like I'll have to call. They charged me upfront -- guess they have a lot of orders from 3 years ago and have to find them now! I don't think I cancelled (damn, I'm always over-optimistic)]

Last edited:
Pretty sure it was Music Direct -- they had an awesome deal for the two of them. Guess I better check, as well. Acoustic Sounds would have been a surer thing (but much more expensive . . . I admire their shipping, but man, you pay for it!).

The deal at Music Direct on those titles was a discount...even though they were pre orders...AT THAT TIME...now you have to pay the full price...I suspect Analogue Productions slammed the Door on Music Direct giving out discounts...

Just talked with Music Direct! They confirm they are having issues with the order section. However, they did have my order on file.

One issue: after so many years, I was sure my CC info was no longer valid (cards are updated every four years), so the rep was able to fix that.

So I'm good to go! May have to do this again in 3 years, who knows :unsure: .

I'd kind of got my hopes up that the delay meant another Hendrix studio album surround release box. Oh well :cry: I'll still get the stereo SACD though.

The deal at Music Direct on those titles was a discount...even though they were pre orders...AT THAT TIME...now you have to pay the full price...I suspect Analogue Productions slammed the Door on Music Direct giving out discounts...

The DEAL was a full 20% off at the time. Music Direct rarely allows 20% discounts ..... that's why I remember it well. So the disc was $28. But like Halbroome, I probably will have an issue with an expired credit card from three years ago, as well.

Last edited:
Massive Hendrix fan here as I think most know by now, but I’m on the fence about getting this title. Bought the Axis SACD upon its release and I was never really happy with it. I wasn’t ever able to make it sound as great as I hoped it would. At least on my system.

Massive Hendrix fan here as I think most know by now, but I’m on the fence about getting this title. Bought the Axis SACD upon its release and I was never really happy with it. I wasn’t ever able to make it sound as great as I hoped it would. At least on my system.

I love Hendrix...but I'm realistic about the sound quality...it's not going to be "great"...of course the music is...what I hope for on some of these titles is the "best available" version of that title...and to me it's worth it if that is what we get...

I love Hendrix...but I'm realistic about the sound quality...it's not going to be "great"...of course the music is...what I hope for on some of these titles is the "best available" version of that title...and to me it's worth it if that is what we get...

Clinty, I was reading the reviews of the UK 200g Vinyl MONO pressing also remastered by Bernie Grundman and this is basically the consensus:

Muddy River
posted on 04/03/2013
star1.gif
star1.gif
star3.gif
star3.gif
star3.gif
2 Stars
Reviewer: Jefferson DD
I agree with the earlier reviewer, this pressing is so MUDDY, especially Crosstown Traffic, no imaging mushy bass, very disapointing. This isn't QRP's problem. The pressing itself is quiet, flat and only a faint hint of occasional surface noise. The mono mix however is not that great. Compared to the Classic Records Mono of Axis, I expected more form this.

At least we get BOTH the MONO and Stereo versions on the SACD and according to the Acoustic Sound Vinyl reviews, the stereo does sound better than the remastered MONO so let's keep our digits crossed for a decent outcome.

I placed my order about a year ago with Acoustic Sounds. I sent an email to them last night after I saw this thread...here's what they wrote back:

mikemonaco,

A customer support staff member has replied to your support request, #258319 with the following response:

Dear Mike,

Correct at this time we are anticipating the arrival of this SACD on the 30th of October.

Thank you,
Bud, Domestic Sales

We hope this response has sufficiently answered your questions. If not, please reply to this email.

Just got email from Acoustic Sounds that my The Jimi Hendrix Experience/ Are You Experienced shipped! It’s via USPS.

looks like I ordered it TWICE! There are 2 shipping ... doh!
You've been hit with the dreaded GOS double Diamondback Fang bite (aka "The Wallet Drainer")- immediate care is required!

Clinty, I was reading the reviews of the UK 200g Vinyl MONO pressing also remastered by Bernie Grundman and this is basically the consensus:

Muddy River
posted on 04/03/2013
star1.gif
star1.gif
star3.gif
star3.gif
star3.gif
2 Stars
Reviewer: Jefferson DD
I agree with the earlier reviewer, this pressing is so MUDDY, especially Crosstown Traffic, no imaging mushy bass, very disapointing. This isn't QRP's problem. The pressing itself is quiet, flat and only a faint hint of occasional surface noise. The mono mix however is not that great. Compared to the Classic Records Mono of Axis, I expected more form this.

At least we get BOTH the MONO and Stereo versions on the SACD and according to the Acoustic Sound Vinyl reviews, the stereo does sound better than the remastered MONO so let's keep our digits crossed for a decent outcome.
I'll wait for the final verdict on this new SACD, waiting for you folks that ordered it to review it here before I place my order :)

Back