2 More Jimi Hendrix Stereo SACDs Coming from Analogue Productions

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OMG! I ordered from Music Direct as well (27.99). Called them last week to confirm I was still on the pre-order list, and to update my obviously out-of-date CC info. (yes, and updated! 2 years. Whoa).

Hope you hear from them soon, GOS! I'm in that same line. . . .

It's great that the SACD of Hendrix' Are You Experienced? finally came out. I'm going to wait until the disc gets a general release in order to get a lower price on it.

Look what just showed up from USPS 3 days early!
23E9D00E-637F-46B2-BF83-51103A87869A.jpeg

Curious minds here want to know how this sounds???
First impression -- I like it, a LOT! The sound is crystal clear to my old ears. I played it on my older Oppo 983H, using 70's SA-500 Technics amp and Klipsch Heresy III's. I was about 5 feet from each speaker (they are about 8' apart). The volume was around 85db-92db measured using an old Radio Shack level meter.

This album is literally burnt into my brain, so it was hard to get many surprises. What I did notice was how clear the guitar, Jimmy's voice, and the drum kit are throughout the stereo SACD. None of my LPs or CDs produced the punch that I get from this SACD. When listening it was clear that this album is all about these 3 instruments. The bass is great....it's just not as pronounced to me. The snare and tom toms were "right there" on most of the songs...like I could look over and see Mitch playing. Same with the guitar, and the VOCALS...it was like Jimmy was right there, very clear. There's no gimmicky moving back and forth between speakers. The sound stage is really big.

I haven't listened to the mono version yet.

I'm very glad I got this SACD and will definitely be listening to it a lot. I've got to rip it to my NAS (once I get my new iMac set back up ... my old on bit the dust about 3 weeks ago, what a nightmare).

First impression -- I like it, a LOT! The sound is crystal clear to my old ears. I played it on my older Oppo 983H, using 70's SA-500 Technics amp and Klipsch Heresy III's. I was about 5 feet from each speaker (they are about 8' apart). The volume was around 85db-92db measured using an old Radio Shack level meter.

This album is literally burnt into my brain, so it was hard to get many surprises. What I did notice was how clear the guitar, Jimmy's voice, and the drum kit are throughout the stereo SACD. None of my LPs or CDs produced the punch that I get from this SACD. When listening it was clear that this album is all about these 3 instruments. The bass is great....it's just not as pronounced to me. The snare and tom toms were "right there" on most of the songs...like I could look over and see Mitch playing. Same with the guitar, and the VOCALS...it was like Jimmy was right there, very clear. There's no gimmicky moving back and forth between speakers. The sound stage is really big.

I haven't listened to the mono version yet.

I'm very glad I got this SACD and will definitely be listening to it a lot. I've got to rip it to my NAS (once I get my new iMac set back up ... my old on bit the dust about 3 weeks ago, what a nightmare).

SO GLAD it was worth the 'interminable' 2 year wait. I know they tried to find the BEST analogue masters available and the inclusion of a 36 page booklet, a nice touch.

Will have to phone MusicDirect tomorrow and update my credit card for that 2 year old+ original order and add a few more MoFi titles to the list.

As for any additional HENDRIX music titles in 5.1 ......... they're supposedly IN THE WORKS...according to Hendrix producer Eddie Kramer!

Last edited:
Hmm . . . after confirming my two-year old order for ARE YOU EXPERIENCED through Music Direct, I see it as listed "on backorder" now.

! Does that mean it is not in their store yet, or that they've sold out of their consignment? Will have to wait and see. . . .
When I look at my order with Music Direct, they have changed the date to November 6th.

Back