2 More Jimi Hendrix Stereo SACDs Coming from Analogue Productions

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Geez - I looked through all my emails, and could not find anything about pre-ordering the 2 Hendrix SACD's that are due out next month....
Of all places, I finally went to Music Direct and found my order there. Wow....not sure why I ordered there. Anyway, I got them for $61.72 shipped. Hopefully, that's still a competitive price. :)

Yes it is...better than the non discounted $35.00 at Acoustic Sounds plus their shipping costs...and your price even includes tax because Music Direct is located in Chicago...the bad new is that the one I really want has been pushed back to "winter" according to Acoustic Sounds here...you missed outo_O on this vinyl edition

Geez - I looked through all my emails, and could not find anything about pre-ordering the 2 Hendrix SACD's that are due out next month....
Of all places, I finally went to Music Direct and found my order there. Wow....not sure why I ordered there. Anyway, I got them for $61.72 shipped. Hopefully, that's still a competitive price. :)

Just to refresh your memory here

Well it looks like Are You Experienced is pushed back even further...now it's possible to extend to 2019 HERE...after a conversation with someone at Acoustic Sounds I have come to the conclusion that they are trying to be another MoFi when it comes to these releases....just keep putting them off with no real clue what the release date will be...I mentioned to the individual on the phone a business model that might be worth trying...it's simple...try having the product ready before marketing it as coming soon...I asked the individual on the phone what "coming soon" meant to him...total silence...so I mentioned that even with this latest delay it's listed as "coming soon" on the website...again...total silence on the other end of the phone..I was tempted to mention Dutton but I didn't want to waste my time...I asked him to please pass my input along to Chad and that Acoustic Sounds has very little credibility right now...

For those that want advance notice of releases by Dutton...careful what you wish for...it could be a mess like this

………..well if they add a Quad/5.1 mix I'll let them off, if not its :mad:

FAT chance, Dunc.....that ship sailed long ago. Luckily, I bought those el cheapo SONY 2 disc Hendrix remasters [w/DVD] a few years ago and they'll tie me over until AP finally gets around to releasing their STEREO [ONLY] SACD.

In the meantime, you can lay your weary noggin on this:p
71eVpMxl64L._SL1001_.jpg

Has anyone received Axis: Bold As Love?
I purchased mine in February from Music Direct and I have no word that they have sent to me.

Unfortunately Music Direct is being "screwed" by AP...I suspect it's because Music Direct had no problem with discounting this AP release...AP makes sure Acoustic Sounds has the first chance to sell their releases...usually it's a week before other outlets...which isn't that bad...but it appears on this release that AP is really "stalling" in providing Music Direct with this title...check this out...this just makes me more determined to avoid Acoustic Sounds regardless of how much faster they are...not to mention the fact that they continue to drag their feet on the other Hendrix release and won't provide any information on the delay even though they are the one's that actually know what's going on...I know people will blame Music Direct for this but it's not their fault...AP will go to extremes to price protect their product it appears..

Yes. And Music Direct has the Mobile Fidelity SACDs before other stores for the same reason - they own the reissue label. :)

Actually not to the extent that AP does and sometimes they(MD) get these releases the same time as other outlets...it's not even close to what AP does with Acoustic Sounds...I don't think a week is unreasonable...as I mentioned in my post...but the early indications are that Music Direct is expecting them much later...we will see what happens...

Has anyone received Axis: Bold As Love?
I purchased mine in February from Music Direct and I have no word that they have sent to me.

I ordered mine from importCDs and they're still showing a Sept. 28th release date. Music Direct should be getting their copies of it on the same day.

Here is email I just received from Music Direct about the delay...

Thank you for your email, Gene. There has been a small delay in receiving the first shipment of The Jimi Hendrix Experience - Axis: Bold As Love (Hybrid SACD) into stock. I have confirmed with our music buyer that this should be arriving into stock by early next week (estimate subject to delay).

The Jimi Hendrix Experience - Are You Experienced (Stereo and Mono) is now estimated to be released on November 30th, 2018.

We greatly appreciate your patience and please let me know if you have any further questions.

Thank you
Customer Service

Back