2 More Jimi Hendrix Stereo SACDs Coming from Analogue Productions

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think this has release day delivery on it so don't be surprised if it does not ship out on the date.. Hence why i went to Bullmoose instead they tend to ship early and better packaging :).

Yes you can preorder...and the encouraging thing about this pre order is that it's from AP...unlike MoFi ....which drags out these releases..AP has a pretty good track record for releasing on time..

Here it is going on 2020, 3 years basically since the announcement of these Sacd releases. Ha..... Pathetic we are even still considering that it (Experience) will ever see the light of day, I cancelled my pre-order after more than a year wait time. I feel it's just a carrot in front of a cart situation, but conceivably if it was going to be a done they've had plenty of opportunity to complete this. Regardless of bogus stories of missing masters etc.

Acoustic Sounds responded to Joe's E-Mail asking if we still have a pre-order in their system. AS claims 1/31 ship. Amazon does too.

Perhaps there is still hope...

There is hope.

The SACD release was hung up - with work to address the concern underway earlier this year.
The last I checked, the plan was to release it in early 2020. Looks like that will be a reality.

There is hope.

The SACD release was hung up - with work to address the concern underway earlier this year.
The last I checked, the plan was to release it in early 2020. Looks like that will be a reality.
What was the concern they had to address?
I don't remember reading anything about it but this has been in process so long I may have forgotten 🤔

What was the concern they had to address?
I don't remember reading anything about it but this has been in the process so long I may have forgotten 🤔

They were working on making the released product better.
The timeline to get that done led to moving the release date to 2020.

I'm looking forward to hearing the results.

Brian, is there anything you don't know? ;)
Thanks. Me too.

This is the latest blurb from Acoustic Sounds regarding ARE YOU EXPERIENCED:

Are You Experienced on Hybrid SACD from Analogue Productions!
Newly remastered by Bernie Grundman, from the original analog master tapes!
Includes both mono and stereo mixes — Pure DSD sound!
*cd layer contains stereo mix onlyWhen first released in 1967 in the U.S., Are You Experienced turned the music world upside down as Hendrix showed everyone exactly what it meant to be "experienced." This SACD returns to the original 11-song version that was originally released in August 1967. It contains such eternal classics as "Hey Joe," "Purple Haze," "The Wind Cries Mary," "Fire," and the title song, whose backward drum and guitar tracks and otherworldly guitar work still sound innovative almost a half-century later.

I remembered pre-ordering both Hendrix from Music Direct, only to start another thread not so long ago about "when is it time to cancel a pre-order that has not appeared?"

Came very close to doing so -- in fact, I had to go back and check! Still on pre-order . . . can't wait to see the reactions here when it finally DOES arrive!

I remembered pre-ordering both Hendrix from Music Direct, only to start another thread not so long ago about "when is it time to cancel a pre-order that has not appeared?"

Came very close to doing so -- in fact, I had to go back and check! Still on pre-order . . . can't wait to see the reactions here when it finally DOES arrive!

I pre~ordered it from Music Direct, as well, when they had one of their rare 20% off music sales and at the time they weren't charging sales tax and then about 9 months or so ago, I received an 'update' adding local sales tax so I'm definitely going to keep that pre~order as it really is supposed to be released at the end of this month ......and according to bmoura, sounding BETTER THAN EVER as the delay was to further 'tweak it!'

UH-OH - Say it ain't SO :eek:

Jimi say it ain't so.jpg

Notice the top sellers are all MOFI's.

That last batch from MoFi was released lickety split but I'm still waiting for that J. Geils Band MoFi SACD announced early last year.

And forget about AP .... they've had a whole list of SACD pre~orders for YEARS .... and YEARS!

That last batch from MoFi was released lickety split but I'm still waiting for that J. Geils Band MoFi SACD announced early last year.

And forget about AP .... they've had a whole list of SACD pre~orders for YEARS .... and YEARS!
Same for me.
I also have the Blu-spec CD2's Mini cardboard LP's from Japan of Electric Ladyland, Axis: Bold As Love and Are you Experienced. Aside for the Electric Ladyland surround version the Blu-specs are just as good as the stereo SACD and the stereo Blu Ray. I am getting burned out on buying the same thing over and over.

Same for me.
I also have the Blu-spec CD2's Mini cardboard LP's from Japan of Electric Ladyland, Axis: Bold As Love and Are you Experienced. Aside for the Electric Ladyland surround version the Blu-specs are just as good as the stereo SACD and the stereo Blu Ray. I am getting burned out on buying the same thing over and over.

I hear you bro. I bought the SONY remastered RBCDs with the DVDs of the Hendrix remasters a few years ago and they sound excellent, as well. Let's face it ..... none of the Hendrix recordings are what I would consider AUDIOPHILE.

Back