2 More Jimi Hendrix Stereo SACDs Coming from Analogue Productions

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
True but, in defense of MoFi and AP(I can't believe that I'm typing this!), they're trying to get the rights to the catalogs of artists who are amazingly difficult to strike a deal with - unlike the a lot of the artists whose catalogs(for the most part) at least appear to have less obvious salability in the current market(not that DV has an easy a time of it - just ask Steelydave!). Anyway, think Hendrix and Dylan, for instance, on one side and then think Paul Revere and the Raiders, the Guess Who and BW Stevenson on the other. Please, no flames; just trying to be circumspect and completely honest here.

That is right. As Chad Kassem says "there are years and then there are Hendrix Years and Pink Floyd years, which are much longer...."
If you want to license the major artists and albums, the degree of difficulty in doing so, gets much higher.

Amazon.com has just cancelled my order for the Are You Experienced SACD due to not being available :cry:

AFAIK, Duncan, Music Direct has still not canceled mine. Not surprised at Amazon. AmazonUK just screwed up royally and sent me a duplicate order from October 2019 which I ALREADY received. Now I have to hassle with their customer service department!

Music Direct never cancels my order...lmao! Bastages......they just don't deliver.

Gene, I've been ordering from them for years [including lots of equipment] and I've NEVER EVER had an issue with them. Sorry to hear that.

Their service department, in fact, has given me nothing but GREAT advice and I've also saved tons of money with their frequent sales.

I think a lot of us would be more excited if AP announced after this interminable two+ year wait that it was going to be remixed into multichannel.

And the absolute irony: The box set of Electric Ladyland with the superb BD~A 5.1 remix was only a few dollars more than AP's $35 list price for the single Stereo SACD of ARE YOU EXPERIENCED...and if you recall, was released with little or no FANFARE!

Last edited:
I think a lot of us would be more excited if AP announced after this interminable two+ year wait that it was going to be remixed into multichannel.

And the absolute irony: The box set of Electric Ladyland with the superb BD~A 5.1 remix was only a few dollars more than AP's $35 list price for the single Stereo SACD of ARE YOU EXPERIENCED...and if you recall, was released with little or no FANFARE!

on the Beatles station a couple weeks ago Eddie Kramer was being interviewed and said he was working on more multichannel Hendrix, no other details however.

But the people who are working on this edition feel that there is a reason.....

Okay; I'm sure there a reason for the long delay in Acoustic Sounds' release of Are You Experienced? on SACD but I'd like know what it is. After all, it's been over a year since their Axis: Bold As Love set.

Preorder on the Acoustic Sounds site now states Coming October 30.
A Hoffman member received a review copy a quite a while back, so pretty high confidence this is the real deal.
Almost three years later. :rolleyes:

Vinyl Records, SACDs, DVD Audio, Audiophile Equipment|Acoustic Sounds

Are You Experienced
on Hybrid SACD from Analogue Productions!
Newly remastered by Bernie Grundman, from the original analog master tapes!

Includes both mono and stereo mixes — Pure DSD sound! *cd layer contains stereo mix only

Screen Shot 2020-10-22 at 4.21.09 AM.png

Back