2 More Jimi Hendrix Stereo SACDs Coming from Analogue Productions

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Forgot to put my order in for this one, has anybody got this other Hendrix SACD and how is it (thinking of adding on my order?)

https://store.acousticsounds.com/d/...e_East_First_Show_12311969-Hybrid_Stereo_SACD
H MG FE.jpg

I have it and the SACD of People, Hell & Angels. If I remember correctly the sound quality is OK on it but not as good as on People, Hell & Angels, but the performance is excellent
Was wondering why there were two different versions, looks like they have some different tracks on them.

Always liked Easy Blues on the 'People, Hell & Angels' SACD, so gotta get that one also :rolleyes:

Was wondering why there were two different versions, looks like they have some different tracks on them.

Always liked Easy Blues on the 'People, Hell & Angels' SACD, so gotta get that one also :rolleyes:
I've only the SACD of Machine Gun and haven't seen any other version, I've the CD & SACD of People, Hell & Angels and both versions have the same tracks

Has anybody had any playback issues with the "Are You Experienced" SACD on their Oppo 203?

Mine arrived today (along with a load of $5 Blues SACDs) and I had to play it, then it kept cutting out the audio, at first I thought it was the HDMI link doing its ****ing auto sync/check as the TV was plugged in but not on, so I disconnected the TV. Restarted the SACD and it did it again on a number of tracks. I had the Oppo set to do DSD to PCM as my Pioneer amp has often blanked the audio if the DSD is too 'hot' (I think its only ever done that with Analogue Productions SACDs). So I set the Oppo to output DSD and it played all the way through with no audio blanking. Bizarre!

I think the Stereo sounds better' than the Mono, just seems cleaner to me. Only disappointment is the lack of tracks that were on the original UK album release (which was without the singles like Hey Joe), and they could have added them like on the 1997 CD.

Has anybody had any playback issues with the "Are You Experienced" SACD on their Oppo 203?

Mine arrived today (along with a load of $5 Blues SACDs) and I had to play it, then it kept cutting out the audio, at first I thought it was the HDMI link doing its ****ing auto sync/check as the TV was plugged in but not on, so I disconnected the TV. Restarted the SACD and it did it again on a number of tracks. I had the Oppo set to do DSD to PCM as my Pioneer amp has often blanked the audio if the DSD is too 'hot' (I think its only ever done that with Analogue Productions SACDs). So I set the Oppo to output DSD and it played all the way through with no audio blanking. Bizarre!

I think the Stereo sounds better' than the Mono, just seems cleaner to me. Only disappointment is the lack of tracks that were on the original UK album release (which was without the singles like Hey Joe), and they could have added them like on the 1997 CD.
Still need to play mine through the oppo 205, I use analog out and DSD to PCM.

Yes, the extra tracks would have been great, for me it's Red House I wanted.

Back