2 stations - 1 DJ - 4 channels!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Brent

300 Club - QQ All-Star
For 14 years I've had the great good fortune to be part of the RadioMaxMusic organization. There has never been any restriction on what I play or say - despite the fact that only a small percentage of it is in line with the station's core philosophy (and tastes) - this speaks volumes to their integrity - which is a virtue I prize above all else (yes I'm buttering up the boss for a raise).
One of the tag lines we've used over the years is "Your maximum music station" - and no truer is that than now. Not only are there 3 stations in the RadioMaxMusic empire - tonight, 2 of them with be playing several quadraphonic albums. - so while everyone else is happy with 2 channels - we give you four - just do the math! 4 channels x 3 stations ... the mind boggles. Well my mind does anyway :)
Tonight at 8 (with a repeat at 2am tomorrow) EXMax offers 2 complete LPs - with an added bonus - we open with the Columbia Records "Introduction to SQ" - if you don't have a surround system - no problem - get your headphones on and this LP will make you think you have 4 ears. - Then it's the guitar magic of John Morell and today's hits (c 1974) by the 101 Strings - all at
http://radiomaxmusic.com/ezmaxpop.html
ez-nov2 5.jpg

Then at 10pm - over at our parent station - RadioMaxMusic itself
http://radiomaxmusic.com/popup.html
rmm-nov-25.jpg

It's 2 complete classics by Jackson Browne - these were taken from discrete source material, and encoded using an amazing little bit of circuitry from Down Under - The Involve Audio Encoder. - Again, the method of squeezing 4 (or 5) channels of information into 2 actually tricks the brain into thinking some of these sounds are coming from behind you. - If, however, you set your system to PLII (or if you have a Surround Master or QS decoder) - and the surround field will be restored.
I'm often asked about the quick demise of surround sound back in the 70s - why it didn't become the standard for home audio is a simple question - with a complex answer - but if this little encoder/decoder had been around in 1973 - the story of home-audio surround would be very much different.
I hope you'll join us, and leave some comments - good, bad or ugly. (which we will be playing in quad in the near future :), and honest -
I don't talk this much on the air - it's really more music than me - as it should be!

Last edited:
Back