2010 SURROUND RELEASES - Keeping the flame alive!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

haikubass

2010: MULTICHANNEL TITLES ANNOUNCED SO FAR PBII Plastic Soup (CD+DVD-V [DD]) 1/23
Lou Reed Metal Machine Music (DVD-V [DD] /Blu-ray [LPCM 96/24]) 2/15
Pete Namlook Namlook XXIV · Pearl II (CD+DTS CD) 3/1
Porcupine Tree The Incident (DVD-A) 3/15
Chicago Chicago Transit Authority (DTS DVD [96/24 ] ) 3/23
Opeth
Blackwater Park (CD+DVD-V [DD]) 3/29 (UK)
Nick Cave Tender Prey (CD+DVD-V [dts 96/24]) 3/29 (UK)
Nick Cave The Good Son (CD+DVD-V [dts 96/24] ) 3/29 (UK) Nick Cave Henry's Dream (CD+DVD-V [dts 96/24] ) 3/29 (UK) 2010: TO BE CONFIRMED Anjulie Anjulie ( CD+DVD-V [dts 96/24] ) TBA
David Bowie
Station To Station (3CD+DVD-V ) 1st half of 2010 King Crimson – next batch of remasters (CD+DVD-A ) TBA
Dorothee Munyaneza
– self-titled (CD+DVD-A ) TBA
OK gang, perfect timing for the return of the list...:phones

Any input, corrections or suggestions welcome!

Last edited:
Really looking forward to Chicago Transit Authority!! Any pre-order info?

Thanks for the update.

Already pre-ordered PT (No brainer)

Really looking forward to Chicago Transit Authority!! Any pre-order info?

Thanks for the update.

Already pre-ordered PT (No brainer)

Just click on the hyperlink in Haikubass' post - it takes you directly to the Rhino Handmade product page w/all the pre-order info

That is way cool, hope this list will grow and grow insanely (.......wish wish wish)

Yet I wonder one little thing :

- Opeth. New mix very recently done. 15 euros.
- Chicago. Mix done 40 (aw fu... !) years earlier. 30 $ !

But I won't whine much longer : Blackwater Park and TCTA, two of my all-time top 100 coming in surround DVD the same month !!!

Just click on the hyperlink in Haikubass' post - it takes you directly to the Rhino Handmade product page w/all the pre-order info

Yes Sir!! Pre order taken care of.
This is really great to have this quad release on the horizon.

David Bowie: Station to Station (DVD-V) is hopefully released this year too.

Maybe there could be two lists, one "Confirmed" and one "Not Confirmed"?

A bunch of NC KC releases up and coming. :)

David Bowie: Station to Station (DVD-V) is hopefully released this year too.
Ah, forgot about that one - thanks!

A "TBC section" added - thanks Almen.

On the KC remastering front, THRAK, Lark Tongues In Aspic, Discipline, Beat & Islands are apparently already finished since 2009. Now just stay tuned to what Neil Wilkes' got to say.

Which from the following titles do you think we will see get (re-)released in 5.1 (regardless the format) before this year's end?
Mike Odlfield - Hergest Ridge
Mike Oldfield - Ommadawn
Bombay Dub Orchestra - 3 Cities
The Flaming Lips - Embryonic
Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here

I ordered the Anjulie MonsterMusic disc in February from Concord. I was told over the phone it was in stock. When I called to check on the status last week they told me it was on back order and would ship around 3/22. I'm not sure if this is enough to move it over to confirmed, but it sounds as if it actually exists.

Thanks for compiling this list. I just hope you're wrong about Blackwater Park being released without DTS.

Hi there!
I want to add the new album by Schiller: Atemlos (http://www.atemlos.tv/).
As you can see it'll be released on march 12th. The deluxe and ultra deluxe versions will include double cd and a dvd with an electronic simphony in 5.1. So I think it counts for this list!

If you have Leben SACD you know what to expect then =)

Cheers!

2010: MULTICHANNEL TITLES RELEASED SO FAR Jienat Mira (SACD+Blu-ray [dts-HD]) 1/5
PBII
Plastic Soup (CD+DVD-V [DD]) 1/23 Lou Reed Metal Machine Music (DVD-V [DD]/ Blu-ray [LPCM 96/24]) 2/15 Pete Namlook Namlook XXIV · Pearl II (CD+DTS CD) 3/1 Schiller Atemlos (2CD+DVD-V [DD]) 3/12
Porcupine Tree
The Incident (DVD-A) 3/15 Chicago Chicago Transit Authority (DTS DVD [96/24 ]) 3/23 Opeth Blackwater Park (CD+DVD-V [dts]) 3/29 (UK) Nick Cave Tender Prey (CD+DVD-V [dts 96/24]) 3/29 (UK) Nick Cave The Good Son (CD+DVD-V [dts 96/24] ) 3/29 (UK) Nick CaveHenry's Dream (CD+DVD-V [dts 96/24]) 3/29 (UK)
Pete Namlook Namlook XXV · Pearl III (CD+DTS CD) 4/1
Pete Namlook Move D • Namlook XXI - Stranger I (CD+DTS CD) 5/3
AnathemaWe're Here Because We're Here (CD+DVD-A) 5/31
Pete Namlook Move D • Namlook XXII - Stranger II (CD+DTS CD) 5/31
Mike Oldfield
Ommadawn (2CD+DVD-V [DD]) 6/7
Mike OldfieldHergest Ridge (2CD+DVD-V [DD]) 6/7
Dennis KolenNortheim Goldmine (SACD) 6/18
Dorothee Munyaneza
Dorothee Munyaneza (CD+DVD-A) 6/21
Tom Petty & The HeartbreakersMojo (Blu-Ray Audio [dts-HD]) 6/28
David Miles Huber Parallax Eden (DTS CD) 7/1
2010: UPCOMING RELEASES/TO BE CONFIRMED Aretha Franklin The Best of Aretha Franklin (DTS DVD [96/24]) 8/17
David Bowie
Station to Station (5CD+3LP+DVD-V [dts 96/24]) 9/20 Ray ThomasFrom Mighty Oaks/Hopes, Wishes & Dreams (3CD+DVD-V) 9/27 (UK)
King Crimson
– 2nd batch of remasters (CD+DVD-A ) October Anjulie Anjulie ( CD+DVD-V [dts 96/24] ) TBA

Last edited:
Back