2018 SURROUND RELEASES

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

haikubass

1-7small.jpg

8-11finalSMALL.jpg

John M. KeaneStratus / Cumulus / Cirrus / JMK / Mostly Piano / Heart of London (EP) (WAV [96/24]) 1/3
Art GarfunkelAngel Clare (SACD) 1/4
Art GarfunkelBreakaway (SACD) 1/4
Lynn AndersonRose Garden & Lynn Anderson's Greatest Hits (SACD) 1/4
Appeltown Washboard WormsCountry & Rock Session (DVD-A) 1/5
bArtManGoodbye Cruel World (DVD-A/V) 1/16
Fleetwood MacFleetwood Mac (3CD+LP+DVD-V [DD]) 1/19
Jeff SnyderSunspots (DMLP/DTS/AC-3 ISO file / wav files) 1/26
FrankenfidoHeartless (FLAC [96/24]) 1/31 single
Roxy MusicRoxy Music (3CD+DVD-V [dts 96/24]) 2/2
The Amnis InitiativeRelaxation Music (DTS wav file / FLAC) 2/13
DjabeIt Is Never The Same Twice (CD+DVD-V [dts 96/24]) 2/15 limited to 500 copies
Jethro TullHeavy Horses (New Shoes Edition) (3CD+2DVD-V [dts 96/24]) 3/2
MarillionBrave (4CD+BD-V) 3/9
Led ZeppelinHow the West Was Won (BD-A) 3/23
Porcupine TreeArriving Somewhere... (2CD+BD-V) 3/23
Ryuichi Sakamoto + Shiro Takatani ‎–
Async Surround (BD-V [dts-HD]) 3/28
Hoff EnsemblePolarity (SACD+BD-A [Atmos/Auro-3D] / FLAC/DSD) 4/5
Howard ShoreThe Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring - The Complete Recordings (3CD+BD-A) 4/6
Sanctuary (Robert Reed)III (2CD+DVD-V [dts] /
FLAC) 4/20
Rick DerringerAll American Boy & Spring Fever (SACD) 4/26
The Guess WhoRoad Food & #10 (SACD) 4/26
The Hues CorporationRockin' Soul & Love Corporation (SACD) 4/26
Chris SquireFish Out of Water (2CD+2DVD-V [96/24]+LP+2SP) 4/27
Amor Fati & Vandal XAgainst “Nature” (BD-V) 4/30 free track download [FLAC]
Anthony PhillipsThe Geese and the Ghost (2CD+DVD-A) 5/4

Booka ShadeGalvany Street (BD-A [Atmos]) 5/18
JerfoSilence and Self-Reflection (5.0 FLAC [96/24]) 5/18
Matt DareyProducer DJ Mix (mp4 [Dolby Atmos]) 5/22 free download
Barclay James HarvestEarly Morning (3CD+DVD-V [dts 96/24]) 5/25
MansunAttack of the Grey Lantern (3CD+DVD-V [dts 96/24]) 6/8 PledgeMusic pre-order
HakenL-1VE (2CD+2DVD-V [DD]) 6/22
PocoCantamos & Seven (SACD) 6/28
Airto & Airto/DeodatoFingers & In Concert (SACD) 6/28
Johnnie TaylorEargasm & Rated Extraordinaire (SACD) 6/28
Connect.Ohm
9980 (dts-HD) 6/28
Guns N' RosesAppetite for Destruction (4CD+BD-V) 6/29
Devin Townsend ProjectOcean Machine - Live at the Ancient Roman Theatre Plovdiv (BD-V) 7/6
Illphonics
Surrounded (DVD-V [dts 48/24]) 7/13
Basement BelowLive EP 2013 (FLAC [44.1/24]) 7/15
StyxThe Mission (CD+BD-V) 7/27
Howard ShoreThe Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers - The Complete Recordings (3CD+BD-A) 7/27
The Alan Parsons ProjectEye in the Sky (BD-A) 8/3
Miles DavisBitches Brew (2SACD) 8/8
Michell GuzmánRedshift (FLAC [48/24]) 8/15 BD-R / BD.iso to be released 9/15
DjabeFlow (DVD-A) 8/17
VelcrocranesAfterlife (EP) (
FLAC [44.1/24] / DVD-V.iso) 8/23 2 free songs, B. Soord mix
The Pineapple ThiefDissolution (2CD+DVD+BD-A / BD-A /
FLAC) 8/31
The BandMusic from Big Pink (CD+BD+2LP+SP) 8/31 new 5.1 mix by Bob Clearmountain
The BBB Featuring Bernie DreselBern Bern Bern (BD-A [Auro-3D]) 9/4
Led ZeppelinThe Song Remains the Same (2CD+4LP+3DVD / BD-A) 9/7
Charles GerhardtSunset Boulevard - The Classic Film Scores of Franz Waxman (SACD) 9/13
Charles Gerhardt/Kiri Te KanawaCitizen Kane: The Classic Film Scores of Bernard Herrmann (SACD) 9/13
Stephen SondheimA Little Night Music - Original Broadway Cast (SACD) 9/13
Jean-Michel JarrePlanet Jarre (2CD+2MC+DL card) 9/14
NosoundAllow Yourself (CD+FLAC / LP+FLAC) 9/21
Howard ShoreThe Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King - The Complete Recordings (4CD+BD-A) 9/21
Billy PaulLive in Europe (SACD) 9/21 limited edition
ChasePure Music & Chase (SACD) 9/21
George BensonBody Talk (SACD) 9/21
Weather ReportTale Spinnin' (SACD) 9/21
Billy Paul360 Degrees of Billy Paul & War of the Gods (2SACD) 9/21 limited edition
US Army Jazz AmbassadorsThe Sammy Sessions (BD-A [Atmos/Auro-3D]) 9/21
Alex Heffes, Stephen McDonoghEarth: One Amazing Day - The Immersive Experience (BD-A [Atmos]) 9/21
King CrimsonMeltdown: Live in Mexico (3CD+BD-V) 9/28
Birdsong At MorningSigns and Wonders (CD+BD-V) 9/28
Djabe & Steve HackettLife Is a Journey - The Budapest Live Tapes (2CD+DVD-V [dts 48/24]) 9/28
Kyle Dixon & Michael Stein
Spheres (Original Soundtrack) (FLAC [48/24]) 9/28
IQEver 25th Anniversary Edition (2CD+DVD-V [DD]) 10/5
John Lennon & Yoko OnoImagine & Gimme Some Truth (DVD-V / BD-V) 10/5
John LennonImagine: The Ultimate Collection (4CD+2BD-A) 10/5 incl. "Quadrasonic Album Mix"
Steve HackettBroken Skies - Outspread Wings (1984-2006) (6CD+2DVD-V [dts]) 10/5 only 7 selected songs in 5.1
Interstellar SequenceSequence of Life (FLAC [96/24] / BD-A / AVCHD-DVD.iso) 10/7 both in 4.0 and 5.1
TotoAll In (17LP+EP+13CD+BD-V) 10/12 incl. 5.1 mix of Toto IV - only available to purchase until April 10th
Billy Joel52nd Street (SACD) 10/17
Garry Havrillay
Aurora (dtsCD) 10/22
AyreonInto the Electric Castle (4CD+DVD-V [DD]) 10/26 replacement DVD available now
Steven WilsonHome Invasion - In concert at the Royal Albert Hall (DVD-V [dts] / BD-V) 11/2
Moody BluesIn Search of the Lost Chord (3CD+2DVD-V [dts 96/24) 11/2
Jethro TullThis Was (3CD+DVD-V [dts]) 11/9 S. Wilson 4.1 mix
Jimi HendrixElectric Ladyland (3CD+BD-V) 11/9
The Beatles White Album (6CD+BD-A) 11/9
PlastiklovaVibe & Drive (EP) (DSD) 11/9
Anthony PhillipsField Day (2CD+DVD) 11/16
RushHemispheres (2CD+3LP+BD-A) 11/16
Be-Bop DeluxeSunburst Finish (3CD+DVD [dts 96/24]) 11/23
MarillionClutching at Straws (4CD+BD-V) 11/23
Martin Nonstatic
Ligand Remixes (dts-HD / DD) 11/28
Brand XLive from The Rites of Spring Festival 2018 (CD+BD-V) 11/29
Jacintha AbisheganadenBest of Jacintha (DSD) 12/7

Ferry CorstenBlueprint (BD-A [Auro-3D]) 12/10
Master Magherita
Border 50 (dts-HD / DD) 12/12
Markus ReuterWinter Solstice (FLAC [44.1/24]) 12/20 free download
Billy JoelThe Stranger (CD+SACD) 12/26
Pink FloydWish You Were Here (SACD) 12/28 5.1 J. Guthrie mix

Last edited:
Greetings all. I have moved these great lists from the basement of the forum to the penthouse. haikubass has done a terrific job on this section and it's only fair that it's highlighted as it's a very important part of QQ. I hope that all members utilize these lists and appreciate the work that he has done.

Here is a strange thing. When logged into QQ the Icon on the QQ Central for the Surround release threads displays the Peacock Butterfly only in Lilac, when not logged in it is shown in all its colourful glory! Yet all threads below show it in colour whether logged in or not :unsure: yes these things puzzle me, why I don't know, maybe I need to get out and about more :ROFLMAO:

Greetings all. I have moved these great lists from the basement of the forum to the penthouse. haikubass has done a terrific job on this section and it's only fair that it's highlighted as it's a very important part of QQ. I hope that all members utilize these lists and appreciate the work that he has done.

Yep check it out - all pretty and stuff tooooo:SG - click on links and it takes you to the discussions so if you are interested you can find the sale links there and moooooore :QQlove

Haikubass Rox!!! Thanks Jon :hi oh Wheeler98 toooo :LB

Last edited:
Here is a strange thing. When logged into QQ the Icon on the QQ Central for the Surround release threads displays the Peacock Butterfly only in Lilac, when not logged in it is shown in all its colourful glory! Yet all threads below show it in colour whether logged in or not :unsure: yes these things puzzle me, why I don't know, maybe I need to get out and about more :ROFLMAO:

OK. So here's the deal with that. All forum icons have two states. If the icon is full color, or highlighted, then there are new posts to read. If the icon is faded out or light blue, it means there are no new threads or posts in that forum for you to read.

If you come to the site and are not logged in, there is no record of what you have or haven't read, so every icon is full color, which means basically nothing has been read, it's all new.

If you come to the site and are not logged in, there is no record of what you have or haven't read, so every icon is full color, which means basically nothing has been read, it's all new.
Is there also a way to see when the first post is edited, so only the release list has been updated?

Update for the list:

IQ - EVER 25
Incredible as it may seem, it’s actually 25 years since the release of ‘Ever’, the hugely popular IQ album that saw the return of Peter Nichols to the fold in the early nineties. To mark the occasion the band are busy preparing a special edition of the album featuring a new stereo remix, a surround sound mix and live versions of all the songs. As with the ‘Tales From the Lush Attic 25th Anniversary Edition’ there are also plans to include a ‘further listening’ set of files with Ever 25, although no more details are available at the moment.
We’re expecting a release sometime in September – keep checking back with us on the GEP website and facebook page for updates.

OK. So here's the deal with that. All forum icons have two states. If the icon is full color, or highlighted, then there are new posts to read. If the icon is faded out or light blue, it means there are no new threads or posts in that forum for you to read.

Thanks. :) Maybe I do need to get out more! :unsure: I spend such a lot of time here I hadn't spotted the colour coding until I logged out :51QQ

I'd just like to give THE PRICE OF PRAGUE...and the GOOGLE GIANT a big thumbs up for doing this...great job...AND you notice I mentioned Google...well guess what appears if you google Haikubass here a little pub for the forum:hi

Wow I was thinking of a Pub that sells beer and plays Quad! Surely a winning combination. :cool: Does anyone know of such establishments? I know there was a pub in London that did a 'Classic Album Sunday' event that had a very expensive audio system but stereo only... I think there would be scope for surround in this regard...

Maybe we should get some sponsorship for QQ?!

Thanks for all your efforts, 2018 is starting to come good!

Wow I was thinking of a Pub that sells beer and plays Quad! Surely a winning combination. :cool: Does anyone know of such establishments? I know there was a pub in London that did a 'Classic Album Sunday' event that had a very expensive audio system but stereo only... I think there would be scope for surround in this regard...

Maybe we should get some sponsorship for QQ?!

Thanks for all your efforts, 2018 is starting to come good!

My dear Mr. Smithers, while frequenting a pub and indulging in a few too many ales the room starts spinning:SB and everything's in SURROUND.:ROFLMAO:

My dear Mr. Smithers, while frequenting a pub and indulging in a few too many ales the room starts spinning:SB and everything's in SURROUND.:ROFLMAO:
There is a Belgian Quadraphonic Ale as well! See www.ratebeer.com if your browser will let you mine keeps blocking it!
"Belgian Quadruple. Quadraphonic is the strongest of our Abbey series and is meant to be sipped and savoured. It is a dark brown ale with a complex profile. "

There is a Belgian Quadraphonic Ale as well! See www.ratebeer.com if your browser will let you mine keeps blocking it!
"Belgian Quadruple. Quadraphonic is the strongest of our Abbey series and is meant to be sipped and savoured. It is a dark brown ale with a complex profile. "

Wow, I've gotta get a pint of that some day! o_O

Back