2019+ Acura RDX: ELS 3D Studio 5.1 Surround Audio System

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys. This has motivated me to get an Oppo BDP-103 and learn how to create my own files for playback in the Acura. I found some instructions and the process doesn’t look all that difficult.

Last edited:
Thanks for the nudge. I saw that thread earlier, but had the Oppo stuck in my mind for some reason. Maybe subconsciously justifying the purchase of another Oppo...:whistle:

I just purchased a Sony BDP-S590. Now it's off to the other thread so this one can get back on topic. Thanks again, everybody!

Jon, would you explain how to add the silent Center and LFE channels to 4.0 WAV files necessary for playback in the Acura using Audacity or the software of your choice? I'm at a loss how to proceed.

Jon, would you explain how to add the silent Center and LFE channels to 4.0 WAV files necessary for playback in the Acura using Audacity or the software of your choice? I'm at a loss how to proceed.

What I do is create an empty 6 channel wav file, then paste the fronts and rears into that file, which results in an empty center and LFE. This works fine when I use Foobar to convert that to .flac 24/48 Zero Compression

The other alternative is to use the Music Helper program that Garry (HomerJAU) created for audio files. He added a feature that will insert a silent center, LFE or both to a 4 channel wav file.

I took the plunge this week on a 2020 RDX with the 16-speaker package and couldn't be more happier with it. There has been an occasional quirk with some 5.1 24/48 wav files. A song will play for a few minutes, then a test-tone-like sound will emit from the speakers and the message 'File Not Supported' displays on the monitor. I've only played wav files up to now. I'm creating some flac files now to see if the same thing occurs.

I took the plunge this week on a 2020 RDX with the 16-speaker package and couldn't be more happier with it. There has been an occasional quirk with some 5.1 24/48 wav files. A song will play for a few minutes, then a test-tone-like sound will emit from the speakers and the message 'File Not Supported' displays on the monitor. I've only played wav files up to now. I'm creating some flac files now to see if the same thing occurs.

Hey, congrats on the car. Yes, the screetch bug is something that happens from time to time. It's probably the only really annoyance left from the initial bugs - I am really shocked that they haven't fixed it yet. It's a bit jarring when you're really into a tune and then you get the Emergency Broadcasting System! It will do it with .flac as well. The advantage to .flac is that you can tag the files with graphics, which looks a lot better.

Last weekend I picked up my new 2020 Acura RDX Tech. I spent the better part of a day cresting 5.1 FLACs from the isos I have.... THEN I found out about the zero compression. VERY important! Most of the files would not play. I ran them through Foobar again and resaved as FLAC 0 files and voila!! Beautiful surround in the car again. And not of those messy discs taking up all the space like in my 2018 TLX (which only played DTS cds). I have a nice 512GB stick that has plenty of room for the future.

Last weekend I picked up my new 2020 Acura RDX Tech. I spent the better part of a day cresting 5.1 FLACs from the isos I have.... THEN I found out about the zero compression. VERY important! Most of the files would not play. I ran them through Foobar again and resaved as FLAC 0 files and voila!! Beautiful surround in the car again. And not of those messy discs taking up all the space like in my 2018 TLX (which only played DTS cds). I have a nice 512GB stick that has plenty of room for the future.

Welcome to the club and good luck with the car.

Congratulations! I hope that you don’t experience the issues with the infotainment system that has plagued me since 1 month post purchase of my 2019.

Specifically, I experience popping noises from the speakers. It’s tied somehow to the MOST interface. I won’t bore you with details.

Congratulations! I hope that you don’t experience the issues with the infotainment system that has plagued me since 1 month post purchase of my 2019.

Specifically, I experience popping noises from the speakers. It’s tied somehow to the MOST interface. I won’t bore you with details.

Your dealer should swap out the electronics in your car, as I've had mine for over a year and I've never had that issue, ever. Not once.
Something is definitely amiss. Have you tried escalating your problem to the Acura Factory rep dude that travels around from dealership to dealership to deal with stuff like this? I used to have one live across the street from me and he took care of stuff like this all of the time.

You should not be having these issues at all. The only thing left on mine that can be irritating is the random screetch thing.

Your dealer should swap out the electronics in your car, as I've had mine for over a year and I've never had that issue, ever. Not once.
Something is definitely amiss. Have you tried escalating your problem to the Acura Factory rep dude that travels around from dealership to dealership to deal with stuff like this? I used to have one live across the street from me and he took care of stuff like this all of the time.

You should not be having these issues at all. The only thing left on mine that can be irritating is the random screetch thing.
I haven’t gone the Dealer Rep route. I had opened a case with Acura Client Relations back in January after dealer was unable to diagnose the issue in December, but they are useless! The case eventually got the dealer’s attention in April as they had my vehicle multiple days trying to figure things out with the help of Acura Dealer Technical Support.

In April, the dealer thought they fixed it by cycling all of the MOST connections as directed by Acura. That worked for 2 months and the problem has returned. I will be bringing the vehicle in shortly as it needs an oil change.

There is a TSB published regarding the popping noise, so it must be more widespread than just me. The TSB does not address all of my symptoms.

I believe the issue is linked to use of the app for remote start.

One symptom of my issue is poor radio reception. When it is acting up, reception is poor (i.e. a station that normally comes in as HD Radio comes in at FM Stereo or worse). I open the glove box and slam it closed, my issues go away (temporarily that is).

Wow! That really sucks. You know, I HATED that stupid remote start from the phone so much that I spent the $300 to get the fob deal like I had on my 2017 RDX. I never use the Acuralink because when I first got it the thing was so slow and so quirky that it was totally annoying. Maybe that was a real good move on my part.

You should really do the Dealer Rep thing, or threaten to do the dealer rep thing. For what you paid for the car you should not have shit like this happening. Heck, we shouldn't have to deal with the screaching after a year. I can't believe that they haven't fixed that yet. I mean, come on!

Back