2020 Grammy for Immersive Audio - 2L's Morten Lindburg Finally Wins!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Savior is just OK but I don't hear any Pink Floyd in it.
More in line with Robbie Robertson to my ears.

The posts by Clement & Sukothai on the related thread are spot on.
The 5.1 mix and clarity are very good. Immersive stereo with discrete moments. Music is so-so

Last edited:
And the Grammy goes to.....

Morten Lindberg.

I've never heard any of the man's mixes so I can't comment. However, up until today, the man held the record for the most Grammy nominations (28) without ever winning one, so I guess he was overdue.

Maybe some of our members who are more familiar with the classical mixes can comment?

Perhaps 'one of these days' Dutton Vocalion will be honored for resurrecting 100's of old QUAD 70's masters and releasing them in pristine SACD remasters at, well, cheaper than 70's pricing as one could never achieve this sonic upgrade with 70's vinyl, Q8 or even QUAD Open Reel Tape technology of that era!

Last edited:
And the Grammy goes to.....

Morten Lindberg.

I've never heard any of the man's mixes so I can't comment. However, up until today, the man held the record for the most Grammy nominations (28) without ever winning one, so I guess he was overdue.

Maybe some of our members who are more familiar with the classical mixes can comment?
If you‘re into classical music (or the occasional Jazz or piano solo album), the 2L recordings are amazing! Truly immersive in 5.1 (can‘t comment on 3D) recorded with mics in the middle, musicians seated around them. Recommended!

Back