2020 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Inductees

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats to Depeche Mode, the Doobie Brothers, Nine Inch Nails, T. Rex, the Notorious B.I.G. and Whitney Houston. Also congrats to Jon Landau and Irving Azoff for receiving the Ahmet Ertegun Award.

Ok Doobies, the table has been set and now is the time for you to release your Quadio box!

AMEN to THAT!

Well, they really ought to call it the Music Hall Of Fame.
That very valid argument has been made for many years, all to no avail. It really is the Popular Music Hall of Fame minus the majority of the Easy Listening genre. It's still a fun place to visit(I went there two summers ago). Anyway, this should be a peak moment for the Doobies in the twenty first century and a major impetus for releasing Qaudio to the rapidly aging baby boomer audience still interested in purchasing physical copies of their favorite music recordings.

The popular music hall of fame. If it were the music hall of fame they would have to put in Pavarotti and Von Karajan, among hundreds of others.

And if was the Musak hall of fame ..... Mantovani, Percy Faith and Ray Conniff!

See the source image

Bang a Gong ..... Get it ON reimagined by Mantovani

I can almost “see it” now. Holograms of Whitney Houston and the Notorious B.I.G. performing together at the awards ceremony. TBH these induction ceremonies are always interesting as all too often there are various members of a given band who no longer get along (if they ever did).

I would love to see Bach and Mozart jamming together at a Music HOF induction ceremony hosted by, say, Salieri.

at least Depeche and NIN got in. IMO they wholeheartedly deserve it.

If I didn't have have either band (and Trent's film scores) to listen to for the last 30 years my life would be a lot different.

Depeche has really been a huge influence in my life and I wasn't even one of those weird goth kids who worshiped them in High School. I thought they were OK then but have really grown to appreciate their musicianship and Dave's signing is just like no other.

BTW, the paramedics in L.A. call Dave The Cat, cause he's got nine lives, so in the immortal words of Carl Spackler "He's got that going for him, Which is nice".

Wonder who is left of T. Rex to perform? The bass player? :(. My guess is that Marc's girlfriend -- the background singer who drove the car that crashed and killed him -- will receive the award.

How sad in many ways.

Originally, I thought of The Power Station performing "Get It On (Bang A Gong)" in place of T. Rex....then I remember both Robert Palmer and drummer Tony Thompson both have passed.

Sigh.

Back