Quantcast

2021 Acura TLX Audio Review

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Since 2002/2003
I am surprised no one mentions the krell system in the rlx? DTS CD 5.1 playback.

The rlx was on my radar until I swayed my choice to the 19 Lexus ES with mark Levinson. Now I'm going for a 2021 TLX over the ES.
The RLX has the same second generation ELS system in it that the MDX and TL currently have, called the ELS Studio. The original, the ELS Surround system was DVD-Audio Based, the ELS Studio 3D is the USB based 5.1 system.

You can read about the playback details here:

HIBY

The RLX has the same second generation ELS system in it that the MDX and TL currently have, called the ELS Studio. The original, the ELS Surround system was DVD-Audio Based, the ELS Studio 3D is the USB based 5.1 system.

You can read about the playback details here:

Did you try 24/ 44.1khz 6ch? I can't find a program that will convert DTS rips and SACD to 24/48khz.

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Since 2002/2003
Did you try 24/ 44.1khz 6ch? I can't find a program that will convert DTS rips and SACD to 24/48khz.
I use Foobar to convert everything I rip, DTS CD, SACD, BluRay, DVD-A, DVD, etc to 24/48 Zero Compression flac. It takes literally minutes

I created a step by step deal over at the Acura forum. There is a section in the first post about using foobar

HIBY

I use Foobar to convert everything I rip, DTS CD, SACD, BluRay, DVD-A, DVD, etc to 24/48 Zero Compression flac. It takes literally minutes

I created a step by step deal over at the Acura forum. There is a section in the first post about using foobar

I left it on auto doh! I haven't made my own dvd-A and DTS-cd for over a year.

HIBY

My Acura dealer has a new tlx arriving in 2 weeks. It'll take awhile till the fully loaded advanced trim start hitting dealers.

CPR

300 Club - QQ All-Star
Don't get me wrong, I love that they included this feature (and it beats carrying around a binder full of burned DTS-CDs) - but people who aren't in-the-know about ripping/converting/etc have to be scratching their heads at the mention of a 5.1 USB stick.
I'm one of them!