2021 Acura TLX Audio Review

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am surprised no one mentions the krell system in the rlx? DTS CD 5.1 playback.

The rlx was on my radar until I swayed my choice to the 19 Lexus ES with mark Levinson. Now I'm going for a 2021 TLX over the ES.

The RLX has the same second generation ELS system in it that the MDX and TL currently have, called the ELS Studio. The original, the ELS Surround system was DVD-Audio Based, the ELS Studio 3D is the USB based 5.1 system.

You can read about the playback details here:

https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...ls-3d-studio-5-1-surround-audio-system.25174/

My Acura dealer has a new tlx arriving in 2 weeks. It'll take awhile till the fully loaded advanced trim start hitting dealers.

Don't get me wrong, I love that they included this feature (and it beats carrying around a binder full of burned DTS-CDs) - but people who aren't in-the-know about ripping/converting/etc have to be scratching their heads at the mention of a 5.1 USB stick.
I'm one of them!

Ok; down to business; leased the new 2021 TLX/ASPEC/ELS 17 speaker 5.1 surround
Best of the 8 Acura's I've leased since '98
Dealer promised me to try & get the ELS USB stick; that was 6 weeks ago
Acura Corporate is CLUELESS; don't even know what it is
I'm begging! If anyone knows how to get one, I'd be eternally grateful
I CANNOT download my 5.1 music to a USB
CLUELESS!
HELP!
PLEASE!

Attachments

• 564FA635-1231-4EFD-9403-7C1D2B9AB367_4_5005_c.jpeg
    564FA635-1231-4EFD-9403-7C1D2B9AB367_4_5005_c.jpeg
    28.6 KB · Views: 111
  • F17340E4-3C7D-47AE-8E70-32FAD5F43A37.jpeg
    F17340E4-3C7D-47AE-8E70-32FAD5F43A37.jpeg
    38.5 KB · Views: 175
CLUELESS!
HELP!
PLEASE!

NICE!

PM coming your way

CLUELESS!
HELP!
PLEASE!
I'm sure Jon can help you, but PM me if you need more help.

I guess i forgot to reply to the thread. I have 150gb of 5.1ch music on a flash drive that plays fine on the TLX & MDX ELS 3d studio system.

All music is 24/ 48khz flac.

Just bought a ‘21 TLX A-Spec. I brought a USB with Money converted from DVD by DVD Audio Extractor to WAV to confirm discrete 5.1 playback. The coins moved around! It worked and I loved the car’s looks and ride, so I opened up the wallet. The sound overall is impressive and big. I would say more immersive than my home set up due to the number of speakers and close range. FLAC files were variable - Atom Heart Mother, Echoes worked. No go on Sgt. Pepper’s, Division Bell. These were my first conversions to USB. Used 24 bit/48kHz. 32 GB San Disk Cruiser USB. DAE didn’t have uncompressed option for FLAC but files seemed similar size to WAV ~2GB per album. Wonder if I’m doing something wrong. When converting does it make any difference conversion from DTS vs AAC? Still experimenting with naming files so the tracks play in order rather than alphabetically. Any questions or comments are welcome.

Back