2021 SURROUND RELEASES

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe everything we know so far points towards using the original Don Murray 5.1 mix, perhaps remastered.
Now, it's kinda weird the SACD is not listed on evo88.com yet...
No other (re-)release plans that I'm aware of.
Thanks for the heads up! I need to check out those live titles.
does anybody here who received the new Fourplay SACD also have the old DVD-Audio?

..and if you do, have you had a chance to compare the Multichannel on the two discs yet?

asking because i'm just playing the old DVD-Audio now and while it sounds great the Surround mix is really subtle.. most of the time the Rears are muted ambience of the Fronts, on some tracks there's discrete elements (percussion mainly) in the Rears but the general feeling is its all pretty much going on upfront.

i'll run it through the computer and see what's happening in there but Ship Ahoy it is not.

View attachment 62267THE REAL THING (Single - Released 27 Jan 2021)

Garry Havrillay has created a fully electronic re-interpretation of the Russell Morris classic from 1969.

Available for download in 96kHz/24bit 5.1 Multichannel FLAC format from Bandcamp during 2021.

havrillay.bandcamp.com/album/the-real-thing

Performance, Production, Mix, Mastering, Artwork & Video by Garry Havrillay (PPCA) ℗2021.
Written by John B. Young ©1969 (Warner Chappell Music Australia).
Released on Bandcamp under limited digital license from APRA/AMCOS.
FYI The licence to host this release on Bandcamp expires on Jan 26 2022. Welcome to the reality of independent artists dealing with cover versions🙄 It’s been an interesting experiment.

FYI The licence to host this release on Bandcamp expires on Jan 26 2022. Welcome to the reality of independent artists dealing with cover versions🙄 It’s been an interesting experiment.
Thanks for the alert Garry, I was just in there to see about ordering this after seeing your post and noticed an option for Full Digital Discography; by ordering the Full Discography does that also come with the 5.1 surround files?

Thanks for the alert Garry, I was just in there to see about ordering this after seeing your post and noticed an option for Full Digital Discography; by ordering the Full Discography does that also come with the 5.1 surround files?
Thanks for asking, but no. The 5.1 FLAC files are sold as Merchandise because Bandcamp can't host them. The full Discography will only give you the CD quality stereo files as delivered through their download system.

Thanks for asking, but no. The 5.1 FLAC files are sold as Merchandise because Bandcamp can't host them. The full Discography will only give you the CD quality stereo files as delivered through their download system.
Wow - grabbed this one too! Will wait patiently for We Transfer link...

I’m not familiar with the intended context or backstory here. Having said that, the music itself and the surround mix is very good! Lots of deep atmosphere to support the music, lots of panning (logical moves) add to the fun. I can tell how much time and effort went into this. Will spin this some more and listen closely to soak up the atmosphere!

Ps not that I am encouraging the use of hallucinogens or anything....I just got sick of using the word "journey"

It is a bit weird though. maybe it sounds better in an altered state? Stay away from the brown acid :cool:

"We have just received news that the brown acid that is circulating, is not particularly good"

Back