2021 SURROUND RELEASES

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, sorted - but the mix is done, right? I for one hope things are going to look brighter when the new album is ready.

No I think it will be done at a later point if required. I have said elsewhere, I bumped into GS on the street just pre COVID and at that time they were wrapping up the live and hoping to get on to TUY, but I think the lockdowns etc. scuppered it

New release coming from RPWL:
November 2020 was supposed to bring a large-scale, multi-week anniversary tour to mark the 20th year since the release of their debut album “God Has Failed,” but of course things turned out differently. So what do you do when you have a perfectly rehearsed band, but the opportunity to perform is pulled out from under your feet? Right, you film a live studio session of the entire album.

With “God Has Failed” you can bring RPWL into your living room, the production as always meets the highest audiophile and visual standards. The set-up of the band and the well thought-out camera movements create the feeling of being right in the middle of things, maybe even more than at a ‘classic’ live concert. While long-term fans can indulge in many memories like the band itself, the material still sounds so fresh that it could easily be a current RPWL release. So this 2021 release is both a full circle statement and a representation of the unbroken excellence of this band. All in PCM Stereo, Dolby Stereo und 5.1 Surround (Dolby, DTS).
Blu-ray pre-order: RPWL | GOD HAS FAILED - LIVE & PERSONAL | BR | Gentle Art of Music

Last edited:
NO-OVERTAKING_HAVRILLAY_800x800.jpg
NO OVERTAKING — GARRY HAVRILLAY

My sixth solo release began during a long Covid-19 lockdown, and the need to escape to the comfort of music that might help us travel in our imaginations. I really happy with what I've created. It’s a wide-ranging instrumental and conceptually cinematic album. Musical influences range from pop, rock, jazz-noir, reggae, gamelan, Indian drone and African, to retro-electronic and orchestral ambient, with the feature work being the six-part 'Travelling Without Moving'.

Release date: 8 April 2021

• for download in FLAC file format 24/96kHz 5.1 Surround
• on BluRay audio disc in 24/96kHz 5.1 PCM, 24/96kHz Stereo PCM, and 24/48kHz DTS 5.1
• along with the usual stereo 16/44.1kHz download in multiple formats; WAV, ALAC, AAC, MP3 etc.

Available from Bandcamp from April 8 — havrillay.bandcamp.com

1 — CATCH UP 3:27
2 — BY THE WAY 4:12
3 — TRAVELLING WITHOUT MOVING, Parts 1-6 22:34
4 — 2 MILE TETHER 6:34
5 — THE GLASS BOAT 7:10

For more detail, visit havrillay.com/no-overtaking

I like RPWL. I like a lot of their music. Given that their last album was released as DD 5.1, I wouldn't say they're always audiophile quality though!
Yes, and there were only two tracks in 5.1 (dts 48/24) from Tales from Outer Space...
Anyway, I certainly hope that they'll go with full-on hi-res this time. Here's the first single, In Your Dreams:

View attachment 64275NO OVERTAKING — GARRY HAVRILLAY

My sixth solo release began during a long Covid-19 lockdown, and the need to escape to the comfort of music that might help us travel in our imaginations. I really happy with what I've created. It’s a wide-ranging instrumental and conceptually cinematic album. Musical influences range from pop, rock, jazz-noir, reggae, gamelan, Indian drone and African, to retro-electronic and orchestral ambient, with the feature work being the six-part 'Travelling Without Moving'.

Release date: 8 April 2021

• for download in FLAC file format 24/96kHz 5.1 Surround
• on BluRay audio disc in 24/96kHz 5.1 PCM, 24/96kHz Stereo PCM, and 24/48kHz DTS 5.1
• along with the usual stereo 16/44.1kHz download in multiple formats; WAV, ALAC, AAC, MP3 etc.

Available from Bandcamp from April 8 — havrillay.bandcamp.com

1 — CATCH UP 3:27
2 — BY THE WAY 4:12
3 — TRAVELLING WITHOUT MOVING, Parts 1-6 22:34
4 — 2 MILE TETHER 6:34
5 — THE GLASS BOAT 7:10

For more detail, visit havrillay.com/no-overtaking

Released today (yes, it's the 8th in Australia 🙂).

I see RWPL has a new release coming end of April. Blu-ray with multi-channel (no Atmos).

God Has Failed - Live & Personal....

Yes, It is the 20th anniversary of their first Album.

Instead of a remix-remastered version and because of no live concerts possibility, They have filmed now a live studio re-play of the whole album, with good moving cameras and good surround sound (I guess) although no Atmos. I think it would be enough for me :)

Yes, It is the 20th anniversary of their first Album.

Instead of a remix-remastered version and because of no live concerts possibility, They have filmed now a live studio re-play of the whole album, with good moving cameras and good surround sound (I guess) although no Atmos. I think it would be enough for me :)
Yeah, I went ahead and ordered from importCD. Maybe it will be similar in quality to Big Big Train "live" stuff.

Giancarlo Erra of Nosound just announced his new solo album on Facebook:

My exciting announcement- I’m bringing out a new album on the 2nd July 2021!
Of all the albums I wrote in my career across my projects, Departure Tapes is arguably the most personal I ever did. And the one that was at the same time the most difficult and the most easy to come out.
It was written over the few months I assisted my father during a terminal illness. A few months during which what was always a distant but also tumultuous relationship, transformed into a deeper connection, into a non-spoken need to set things right on this final part of our life together.
After my father passed away, once back in UK I realised that while writing music to elaborate my feelings, I wrote an album. So all the tracks were recorded then live in my studio, to keep the original 'urgency of time' of the music without too many modifications in studio. I recorded live all the tracks using piano, analog synthesisers, sequencers, computer and even AI algorithms improvising.
Forgiveness, compassion, the bittersweet feeling of things ending just when they finally came true, despair but also hope, that's all that Departure Tapes is. And I hope it will be an emotional journey I'll share with all of you, each and every one of you with their own story to tell with it. I know my dad as well would be happy to share this story with all of you.
You can preorder my album at this link - https://giancarloerra.lnk.to/DepartureTapeswAR18tgT_8dtc_9FLjS3bOC7NAfbBq_8mhjIYLph0Zfu2T8TrcRyChaOZh4k . All purchases from my official store come with a high resolution stereo and surround download on release day and a signed postcard (whilst stock lasts)

Last edited:
Giancarlo Erra of Nosound just announced his new solo album on Facebook:

My exciting announcement- I’m bringing out a new album on the 2nd July 2021!
Of all the albums I wrote in my career across my projects, Departure Tapes is arguably the most personal I ever did. And the one that was at the same time the most difficult and the most easy to come out.
It was written over the few months I assisted my father during a terminal illness. A few months during which what was always a distant but also tumultuous relationship, transformed into a deeper connection, into a non-spoken need to set things right on this final part of our life together.
After my father passed away, once back in UK I realised that while writing music to elaborate my feelings, I wrote an album. So all the tracks were recorded then live in my studio, to keep the original 'urgency of time' of the music without too many modifications in studio. I recorded live all the tracks using piano, analog synthesisers, sequencers, computer and even AI algorithms improvising.
Forgiveness, compassion, the bittersweet feeling of things ending just when they finally came true, despair but also hope, that's all that Departure Tapes is. And I hope it will be an emotional journey I'll share with all of you, each and every one of you with their own story to tell with it. I know my dad as well would be happy to share this story with all of you.
You can preorder my album at this link - https://giancarloerra.lnk.to/DepartureTapeswAR18tgT_8dtc_9FLjS3bOC7NAfbBq_8mhjIYLph0Zfu2T8TrcRyChaOZh4k . All purchases from my official store come with a high resolution stereo and surround download on release day and a signed postcard (whilst stock lasts)
You beat him to it! I was just asking him when are you going to post on QQ :)

Wonderful. And just when some on this forum were wondering, sadly, if DVDAs might be dead. No! is the answer. :)
You've Giancarlo's persistence to thank for that :) as he wanted the forum to get a DVD-A, and only because he discovered some hidden code in a single supported package - the menu is 'crude', but it plays!

Back