2021 SURROUND RELEASES

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the "toad - less company" entry's release date is wrong
it's actually 01-19-2020
I think it's better to list entries according to the date when the surround mix was published - otherwise I'd need to list toad in last year's list. Of course I'll change it if you want me to. Similarly, I can go with 'toad' instead of 'Toad' etc. if you insist.
BTW, are you or toad on Twitter?

I think it's better to list entries according to the date when the surround mix was published - otherwise I'd need to list toad in last year's list. Of course I'll change it if you want me to. Similarly, I can go with 'toad' instead of 'Toad' etc. if you insist.
BTW, are you or toad on Twitter?
Ooops, I meant Jan 2021.
Nah we ain't on Twitter.

5.1 release coming named LEVIATHAN by The Grid / Fripp, it sounds very interesting indeed, the mix of Robert Fripp on guitar and The Grids electronica.
Leviathan
(y)
Thank you Sir @svengaleekie
The one song I heard is really good. Should be awesome in 5.1
Screenshot_20210606-124040.png

Last September I've totally missed @jlladuke's post about two re-releases by the band Collide:

1623066902475.png

The albums Chasing the Ghost and Some Kind of Strange were originally released in 2000 and 2003 respectively. They're available only directly from the band, and also as a bundle for $40.

Each blu-ray contains:
- 2020 hi-res stereo mixes in 24 bit 48k
- 2020 dts-HD Master Audio 5.1 surround mixes
- 2020 instrumental mixes in 24 bit 48k
- mixes from the original release
- early versions of the album songs, some of which are 'totally different lyrics, and vocals'
- bonus tracks, including unreleased songs, recorded during original sessions
- HD version of the Razor Sharp, resp. Euphoria video
- limited to 500 copies each

Any word out there on when we can expect the delayed Let it Be? I had heard there were some changes on the Lennon business side related to, I believe Sean (Julian?) getting move involved and Yoko moving into the background? Anyway, while not their best work, would like to see what Giles and others can do with it, and what other material might accompany it. Thanks

Last September I've totally missed @jlladuke's post about two re-releases by the band Collide:

View attachment 67784
The albums Chasing the Ghost and Some Kind of Strange were originally released in 2000 and 2003 respectively. They're available only directly from the band, and also as a bundle for $40.

Each blu-ray contains:
- early versions of the album songs, some of which are 'totally different lyrics, and vocals'

Wow! I just ordered both.

View attachment 67784

Each blu-ray contains:

Thanks everyone here for posting about these! (member of the band here). It was a labor of love working on these last year. It's good to see people are still finding out about them!

Last edited:
Thanks everyone here for posting about these! (member of the band here). It was a labor of love working on these last year. It's good to see people are still finding out about them!
Very cool, Statik! I will credit Tool for getting the word out on their website. Not sure who in that band (or maybe Blaire) put that out there, but I'm glad they did. By the way, please nudge them a little to do the same for their back catalogue. Tool in Quad/ 5.1/ Dolby Atmos would be incredible!

Blair most likely posted it on the Tool website, because he's cool like that. Danny from Tool did play drums on the song "Somewhere" on our album "Some Kind of Strange".

That would be awesome if Tool would do that. For us, it was a long process, because it meant bringing up the mixes (from 2000 & 2003), and recreating them, and doing the 5.1 mixes from there...so pretty much a 6 month process in doing the mixes, and all of the bonus content we added.

Any word out there on when we can expect the delayed Let it Be? I had heard there were some changes on the Lennon business side related to, I believe Sean (Julian?) getting move involved and Yoko moving into the background? Anyway, while not their best work, would like to see what Giles and others can do with it, and what other material might accompany it. Thanks

The "Let It Be" box set will either be released in late August/early September to coincide with the release of the "Get Back" film, or they will wait and release the box set when "Get Back" gets released on Blu-Ray and DVD (presumably in October/November)

:)

Back