2021 SURROUND RELEASES

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very cool, Statik! I will credit Tool for getting the word out on their website. Not sure who in that band (or maybe Blaire) put that out there, but I'm glad they did. By the way, please nudge them a little to do the same for their back catalogue. Tool in Quad/ 5.1/ Dolby Atmos would be incredible!

Tool in hires made my decade. I could die happy if they released in surround.

Any word out there on when we can expect the delayed Let it Be? I had heard there were some changes on the Lennon business side related to, I believe Sean (Julian?) getting move involved and Yoko moving into the background? Anyway, while not their best work, would like to see what Giles and others can do with it, and what other material might accompany it. Thanks
I'd like to see someone else do the mix. Giles's mixes haven't been up to the level of the material.

Blair most likely posted it on the Tool website, because he's cool like that. Danny from Tool did play drums on the song "Somewhere" on our album "Some Kind of Strange".

That would be awesome if Tool would do that. For us, it was a long process, because it meant bringing up the mixes (from 2000 & 2003), and recreating them, and doing the 5.1 mixes from there...so pretty much a 6 month process in doing the mixes, and all of the bonus content we added.
While I'm on this forum, and everyone here would certainly know... I wanted to point out something that I did for our Blu Rays. We included stereo WAV files, as well as mp3 files of ALL of the song versions that are on the discs (in a Data folder), so that if you have a Blu Ray player (or burner) hooked up to your computer, you could listen to the stereo files on your phone, etc. (You literally just stick the disc in your computer, and drag the files to your computer...no ripping or anything else). As much as I like all of the surround versions that I have on some of the discs I have, I was always bummed I couldn't listen to the accompanying stereo versions, anywhere else, other than when I was playing the disc. Is this a thing that anyone has seen on other discs?

While I'm on this forum, and everyone here would certainly know... I wanted to point out something that I did for our Blu Rays. We included stereo WAV files, as well as mp3 files of ALL of the song versions that are on the discs (in a Data folder), so that if you have a Blu Ray player (or burner) hooked up to your computer, you could listen to the stereo files on your phone, etc. (You literally just stick the disc in your computer, and drag the files to your computer...no ripping or anything else). As much as I like all of the surround versions that I have on some of the discs I have, I was always bummed I couldn't listen to the accompanying stereo versions, anywhere else, other than when I was playing the disc. Is this a thing that anyone has seen on other discs?
Aside from mine (I'm an amateur) no. However, I do make sure when Authoring a Blu-ray to include both a surround and stereo stream. And once I mix something in Dolby Atmos I'll release it on Blu-ray along with 7.1, 5.1, 4.0, 2.0, and 1.0 on the same disc for the lulz.

Last September I've totally missed @jlladuke's post about two re-releases by the band Collide:

View attachment 67784
The albums Chasing the Ghost and Some Kind of Strange were originally released in 2000 and 2003 respectively. They're available only directly from the band, and also as a bundle for $40.

Each blu-ray contains:
- 2020 hi-res stereo mixes in 24 bit 48k
- 2020 dts-HD Master Audio 5.1 surround mixes
- 2020 instrumental mixes in 24 bit 48k
- mixes from the original release
- early versions of the album songs, some of which are 'totally different lyrics, and vocals'
- bonus tracks, including unreleased songs, recorded during original sessions
- HD version of the Razor Sharp, resp. Euphoria video
- limited to 500 copies each

Thanks for bringing this up

Ordered :LB - I hope I don't get stung for UK import duty :mad:, as along with postage that'll probably double the cost!

Hey @Statik, great to have you posting....since you're here......do you think the orders ship out pretty fast? I did get an order confirmation. Just curious. I really dig the music....

Mine arrived super quick, thanks to Statik for including the autographed posters with the order!

Since UK left the EC a customs procedure is required for all imports that may result in both duty and VAT
The discs are coming from the USA so we've always had the chance of being hit by import duty/VAT and the Tax collecting fee (£8-£12) and so is normally more than the tax! Since the UK madly went for Brexit the same now applies for discs from Europe :(

I'd like to see someone else do the mix. Giles's mixes haven't been up to the level of the material.

That's B.S. !.......in my opinion he has done some fabulous remixes .
I dare say without his ability to do surround and his namesake...that being George Martin's son/protégé and premier audio student , we might not have seen most of the Heaviest Beatles Records .

I think his influence for remixing Beatles releases is obvious. Were very lucky to have him convince EMI/APPLE/PARLOPHONE comit to surround mixing.
And that goes double for some of the Beatles solo works as well.

That's B.S. !.......in my opinion he has done some fabulous remixes .
I dare say without his ability to do surround and his namesake...that being George Martin's son/protégé and premier audio student , we might not have seen most of the Heaviest Beatles Records .

I think his influence for remixing Beatles releases is obvious. Were very lucky to have him convince EMI/APPLE/PARLOPHONE comit to surround mixing.
And that goes double for some of the Beatles solo works as well.
Just my opinion. If his mixes are so good, why aren't there more of them?

I know that's just your opinion , and here's mine.

If Giles Martin's mixes are so poor why does he continue to get the green light to mix in surround (5.1 & Atmos) with such Major Artists. 👑

His dad? ...Father's Day joke. Get it? Nudge nudge, wink wink. Haha.

Back