2021 SURROUND RELEASES

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Automatic for The People was the first pop/rock album (or so) to be announced as Dolby Atmos Music.

It seems not enough Return Of Investment to continue with Atmos mixes.

The industry, in general, would have to re-think about the strategy of selling Big Expensive Box Sets only for very few amount of fans. Or would the Atmos mixes be reserved for streaming contracts?

Atmos blu rays or MKV DL would sell more. A famous album like REM issuing for £30 would not lose any money.

Surround music has never been about shit loads of money has it? It is about the art.

Hello @haikubass Just thought I'd give you a heads up.....
Re :
Loreena McKennitt - The Visit , Atmos , and 5.1 Bluray on Disc #5.......(.and Disc #4 is the whole album in Binaural.)

You may want to change that release date from 9/24 , to 9/17. as I picked up my copy this past Saturday ,
the 18th of September at a local vendor .

-Fizzy ;)

20210918_200137.jpg
20210918_200155.jpg
20210918_200626.jpg

Hello @haikubass Just thought I'd give you a heads up.....
Re :
Loreena McKennitt - The Visit , Atmos , and 5.1 Bluray on Disc #5.......(.and Disc #4 is the whole album in Binaural.)

You may want to change that release date from 9/24 , to 9/17. as I picked up my copy this past Saturday ,
the 18th of September at a local vendor .

-Fizzy ;)

View attachment 71615View attachment 71616View attachment 71617

Amazon and Import CDs now have the release date listed as October 8th! That’s one I am really looking forward to!

Last edited:
Ok, what about the 5.1 mix then?

Ok I sat back in my chair , sipping my rum , and gave it a spin in 5.0.

Center speaker is dominated by her voice , but that's ok because it's one of the most important instruments.
Rear speakers have enough strange instruments in each . As a matter of fact , the 1rst song starts off slowly in the left rear.
Overall the first 3 are quite good in my opinion , and all told the album retains mostly Celtic influences with a smattering of early Portuguese celtic ? (the odd song , 1 or 2 has an arabic feel)

I think it's quite good for Pure Audio recording . And the stereo is 96/24 , on the menu , not 192/24.
I listened in DTS 5.1 MA fwiw .
The surround is unique , not dominating , but works quite well with this type of music by her . And YES !! I do recommend it.

Last edited:
Ok I sat back in my chair , sipping my rum , and gave it a spin in 5.0.

Center speaker is dominated by her voice , but that's ok because it's one of the most important instruments.
Rear speakers have enough strange instruments in each . As a matter of fact , the 1rst song starts off slowly in the left rear.
Overall the first 3 are quite good in my opinion , and all told the album retains mostly Celtic influences with a smattering of early Portuguese celtic ? (the odd song , 1 or 2 has an arabic feel)

I think it's quite good for Pure Audio recording . And the stereo is 96/24 , on the menu , not 192/24.
I listened in DTS 5.1 MA fwiw .
The surround is unique , not dominating , but works quite well with this type of music by her . And YES !! I do recommend it.
Thanks for the review, mine apparently was shipped fro The Merch Desk, but as they haven't shared a tracking number I have no clue when it will arrive. I've got high hopes for this one

Back