2021 update on authoring dvd-v (and more) with DTS9624?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nosound

QQ Supporter
Hi all

this is a tech post, for something I might need to discuss tomorrow. I’ve spent days searching for it. What I want to know is what we have today in terms of modern/on sale authoring software, either for modern Mac or Windows, supporting dvd-v DTS9624 and optionally dvd-a and BD?

I’m set about DTS encoding options, that’s covered, up to 9624 for -v, or more for BD. I have DTS encoder license and update to DTS-X.

Also one more important question that is key: anyone knows if DVD Studio Pro (I know it’s discointinued) supports DTS9624?

Scenarist is one option avaialble, with a monthly subscription, but is there something else? Most importantly for dvd-v with DTS9624, and then with options up the way.

SO...I might need a suggestion from the experts now that I sorted my licenses and computers :)

Supposing I create my AUDIO_TS dvd audio from Wavelab Pro with uncompressed 5.1 24/48 PCM

And supposing I use either Scenarist or Dvd Lab Pro or DVD Studio Pro to make a dvd video VIDEO_TS for 24/48 stereo PCM, DTS9624 and Dolby...

In theory preparing a UDF dvd with the AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS folders, my Denon player can play both depending if I select DVD-A or DVD-V mode (no linked material between the two to make things simpler).

Now....what are the possible problems with this approach in terms of replication checks? If none, could some emerge if i decide to go for a DL?

Back