2022 Acura's do not need Zero Compression flacs!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What software version is the 2022 rdx running?

Anyone has a pre 2022 Acura to check firmware?

What software version is the 2022 rdx running?

Anyone has a pre 2022 Acura to check firmware?
I’m about to pull the trigger on a 2022 TXL with ELS 3D Studio and I’m hoping there will be a software update down the road to address the inability to play 96/24 (realize it’s doubtful to happen anytime soon - if ever)
I’ll try to circle back to let you know about the firmware once the car is delivered - hopefully in about a week. Feel free to DM me if I forget.

Sadly, I had to say goodbye by my beloved 2012 TL today. Rear-ended by an unlicensed and uninsured driver.

Attachments

• DA2A24AF-2B28-4095-94FB-290998E99B76.jpeg
    DA2A24AF-2B28-4095-94FB-290998E99B76.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
I've got a new 2023 TLX Advance if I can test anything for anyone. I am downloading Jon Urban's test files as we speak. I couldnt play FLAC files i created from DVD Audio Extractor, btw. i had to do the foobar stuff from Jon's instructions to get them to play.

Elliott posted this promo on his FB page today:

(By the way: The War and Treaty's latest EP has a nice Atmos mix.)

P.S.: I'm not sure how to get around the "Cannot load Facebook SDK. Disable any adblocker or tracking protection and try again." error. @QuadSound: is this something that can be addressed via XenForo settings? I've registered exceptions for QQ in both my browser's privacy/security settings and my adblocker and I still get this error. Googling it, it seems to be a fairly widespread problem. Is it possible to post a Facebook link and not have it converted to a "MEDIA" item?

P.P.S.: Here's a longer version of the promo--it's actually four years old:

Last edited:
I finally got around to testing my new (since December) car today. It's a 2022 RDX Apec/Advance with the ELS 3D system.

I used the following test files

ChannleID-24-48 FLAC 0.flac
ChannelID-24-48 FLAC 5.flac
ChannelID-24-96 FLAC 0.flac
ChannelID-24-96 FLAC 5.flac
ChannelID-24-48 WAV.wav
ChannelID-24-96 WAV.wav
ChannelID-24-192 WAV.wav

ALL FILES PLAYED IN 5.1, even the 24/192 wav file!! This is very cool.

You can test your car yourself. Here is a non-expiring link to the above mentioned test files

https://mega.nz/folder/DFgEgBAY#EqwtNU38WXDh68eNVABocw

Hi Jon. Thanks for the thread and the test files. I downloaded and tested them in my new 2023 TLX. Here's my results...
ChannleID-24-48 FLAC 0.flac - worked perfectly
ChannelID-24-48 FLAC 5.flac - did not play
ChannelID-24-96 FLAC 0.flac - surround test did not play in rear speakers (heard in front)
ChannelID-24-96 FLAC 5.flac - did not play
ChannelID-24-48 WAV.wav - worked perfectly
ChannelID-24-96 WAV.wav - surround test did not play in rear speakers (heard in front)
ChannelID-24-192 WAV.wav - surround test did not play in rear speakers (heard in front)

So in summary, using 24/48 works with both FLAC 0 and WAV. But 24/96 FLAC 0, 24/96 WAV and 24/192 WAV plays but the surround channels dont play in the rear speakers. And FLAC 5 wont play regardless of 24/48 or 24/96.

Question: what is the difference between FLAC 0 and FLAC 5?

I use my JRiver to reformat my files.
JRiver says" All compression levels offer lossless, bit perfect encoding. Higher numbers make smaller files, but take longer to encode and decode."
I personally use Compression Level 6, but I do not play through an Acura.

I can't say for sure as it is Jon's files and wording, but yes that is my guess and my experience.
I built my own surround system in my car and had many problems, that I overcame, and in the beginning I had inferior surround players and 0 compression was mandatory.
Please understand, I am not saying at any level the Acura systems are inferior, they are actually superb. I am just referring to my build and my experience.

All very interesting info, thanks everyone. I'm getting ready to burn some CDs to put onto a USB for my wifes CX5, should I use wav or flac or either. I'm quality over quantity every time.

Last edited:
My suggestion, is if transferring from a file, and re-formatting a file for your car, just do one song. I personally do everything FLAC for my car USB.
If you are going from CD to USB than likely best to do entire CD.
CD's are a non issue for USB in any car. 44.1/16 FLAC will play any car.
It is the larger files, surround music, etc that it all comes tricky when learning and very specific once you have learned for your car, not others car.

Just rip and play as they are, no need to do anything special.
Check your format on your USB, I find the 1TB are good. My Challenger likes the Fat32 and my Ford likes the NTFS, I don't know why.
Plug USB in your PC, go to drives, right click your USB and you will see your default.
I would rip one CD and transfer to USB, play in car, if plays your all set, if not try one of the other formats. Note, when changing formats on USB it will erase all on your USB, so definitely only try one CD first.

Just rip and play as they are, no need to do anything special.
Check your format on your USB, I find the 1TB are good. My Challenger likes the Fat32 and my Ford likes the NTFS, I don't know why.
Plug USB in your PC, go to drives, right click your USB and you will see your default.
I would rip one CD and transfer to USB, play in car, if plays your all set, if not try one of the other formats. Note, when changing formats on USB it will erase all on your USB, so definitely only try one CD first.
(y)

All very interesting info, thanks everyone. I'm getting ready to burn some CDs to put onto a USB for my wifes CX5, should I use wav or flac or either. I'm quality over quantity every time.
If the audio system supports FLAC, that is what I would use. FLAC files typically have better supported tagging for artist, song, album, and perhaps most importantly, artwork. Plus, FLAC files are smaller in file size vs WAV.

That's very interesting! What software version were you using at the time OP? Because I know for sure the 2021 els 3d systems could only play 24bit 48khz 5.1ch .WAVs and not flac originally. Now it seems like 2023 only can do 48khz/ 24bit 48khz flac and wav with 0 compression again. That means your findings are obsolete with the newest software release.

5.1ch - 24-48 WAV 0 compression - worked perfectly
5.1ch - 24-48 FLAC 0 compression - worked perfectly

That's very interesting! What software version were you using at the time OP? Because I know for sure the 2021 els 3d systems could only play 24bit 48khz 5.1ch .WAVs and not flac originally. Now it seems like 2023 only can do 48khz/ 24bit 48khz flac and wav with 0 compression again. That means your findings are obsolete with the newest software release.

5.1ch - 24-48 WAV 0 compression - worked perfectly
5.1ch - 24-48 FLAC 0 compression - worked perfectly
How can I determine the software version of my ELS 3D system (is that what you are asking)? Apologies only had the car a month or two so still learning my way around it.

Back