2022 Acura's do not need Zero Compression flacs!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
I finally got around to testing my new (since December) car today. It's a 2022 RDX Apec/Advance with the ELS 3D system.

I used the following test files

ChannleID-24-48 FLAC 0.flac
ChannelID-24-48 FLAC 5.flac
ChannelID-24-96 FLAC 0.flac
ChannelID-24-96 FLAC 5.flac
ChannelID-24-48 WAV.wav
ChannelID-24-96 WAV.wav
ChannelID-24-192 WAV.wav

ALL FILES PLAYED IN 5.1, even the 24/192 wav file!! This is very cool.

You can test your car yourself. Here is a non-expiring link to the above mentioned test files

https://mega.nz/folder/DFgEgBAY#EqwtNU38WXDh68eNVABocw

I finally got around to testing my new (since December) car today. It's a 2022 RDX Apec/Advance with the ELS 3D system.

I used the following test files

ChannleID-24-48 FLAC 0.flac
ChannelID-24-48 FLAC 5.flac
ChannelID-24-96 FLAC 0.flac
ChannelID-24-96 FLAC 5.flac
ChannelID-24-48 WAV.wav
ChannelID-24-96 WAV.wav
ChannelID-24-192 WAV.wav

ALL FILES PLAYED IN 5.1, even the 24/192 wav file!! This is very cool.

You can test your car yourself. Here is a non-expiring link to the above mentioned test files

https://mega.nz/folder/DFgEgBAY#EqwtNU38WXDh68eNVABocw
That's awesome Jon. Sure saves a ton of time.

Is it playing them natively in hi rez, or still downrezing them to 48?

I don't know, and I don't think there would be a way to tell. I mean, how would you know?

Before, they would revert to stereo and not stay in discrete channels, but now they all play fine.

It's not a bad thing to have zero compression. The old files are no worse than if you had Level 5 compression. It just means there is one less step we have to do to play a tune in the car. In fact, if you download a flac file now it should just play without you doing anything to it. Right?

which is nice

Urgent question from a guy looking to buy a 2021 TLX with the ELS 3D Studio system tomorrow (the car is located out of state). I'm wondering if there's any chance the 2021 Advanced Pkg TLX might be an exception to the problems outlined above. Will it play 5.1 96/24 flac files - or is it the same as the 2019s and 2020s with just the ELS Studio system (not 3D) where you have to convert them to wav files at an uncompressed lower resolution? I would really appreciate any insight. Thank you!!! P.S. If it's not possible, has anyone heard if Acura might provide a software update for the 3D Studio systems down the road?

Last edited:
From what I remember this will play FLAC at 48kHz with compression set to 0.

MMH has a Remix tool that will batch convert existing FLACs to 48kHz with zero compression. It will do multiple files/folders recursively.

Remember 2022 rdx loses aux support. TLX while the still has it. So you are stuck with USB media and carplay USB for high-res.

Aux gives you the ability to go to dsd x256 if your player can decide it and the music is mastered to that level lol

I was surprised jeep with McIntosh kept aux input.

Back