22.2 Surround Sound for Ultra High Definition Television

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hah - Bose speakers.....even 24 of them still probably sounded like crap...

WOW!
You are the lizard king!
You must make great boots!
Bose has been one of the great proponents of audio engineering and the first company to invite people to F$%CK with their stuff to make it better! Some people now may call it "open-source" They have some very true, powerful, and acurate systems out there!
That said, does it really matter if you have 10 or 20 speakers to make you "feel" the experience? really?
Get off of your asses and play with your kids or something! YOU HAVE WAY TOO MUCH TIME ON YOUR HANDS!!!

first and last comment here, came across this post by accident looking for a solution to a real problem!
I actually took the time to register just to inform all of you that there is an ACTUAL real world out there!

btw, older Bose speakers are very good!

WOW!
You are the lizard king!
You must make great boots!
Bose has been one of the great proponents of audio engineering and the first company to invite people to F$%CK with their stuff to make it better! Some people now may call it "open-source" They have some very true, powerful, and acurate systems out there!
That said, does it really matter if you have 10 or 20 speakers to make you "feel" the experience? really?
Get off of your asses and play with your kids or something! YOU HAVE WAY TOO MUCH TIME ON YOUR HANDS!!!

first and last comment here, came across this post by accident looking for a solution to a real problem!
I actually took the time to register just to inform all of you that there is an ACTUAL real world out there!

btw, older Bose speakers are very good!

Good to know that the typical Bose audience hasn't changed much. It seems that I have never had someone argue the merits of Bose without personally insulting me or using profanity.

No highs, no lows? Must be Bose!

Four Voice of the Theaters was the way we demoe'd Quad in my store. There are members here who have them or big, hunkin' Klipsch for their Quad systems.
I'd have gone with JBL Paragons if I had a store.

If Bose was not advertised so well, they would be sold from white vans all over parking lots accross the US.
For those who are unaware the white van scam sells crap that are knockoff products of good audio equipment, and it's all really bad. People get sucked in to the scam all the time. Google white van scam.
I see the crap on craiglist and ebay all the time. Ebay should be ashamed to sell that stuff. (bose too)

(went to CL and behold:)
http://utica.craigslist.org/ele/3469588647.html

Ear buds, computer speakers and Bose have set back high-fidelity at least 50 years.

Linda

But then again, all most people are playing through those ear buds, computer speakers and Bose are mp3's, so with that combination, maybe it's closer to 100 years.

I've been in the white van. I'll admit I fell for their story, just glad they didn't take me to some work camp.

To be fair to Bose, though, while the more recent stuff may be just HTiB crap, the 901 placed well with lots of power was OK. Just too expensive for what it was.

Now I'm off to find some video gamer's site and tell them all that they are losers.:yikes

With all due respect, Quadsearcher, how good can something be with 9 5 1/4" mid-range speakers, and an equalizer to artificially create both highs and lows? But, what the hell, McDonalds sells tons of burgers, too.

And, yes, I was a Bose dealer for my whole career in the business.

I've been in the white van. I'll admit I fell for their story, just glad they didn't take me to some work camp.

To be fair to Bose, though, while the more recent stuff may be just HTiB crap, the 901 placed well with lots of power was OK. Just too expensive for what it was.

Now I'm off to find some video gamer's site and tell them all that they are losers.:yikes

JBL D44000WX Paragon:
001.jpg

With all due respect, Quadsearcher, how good can something be with 9 5 1/4" mid-range speakers, and an equalizer to artificially create both highs and lows? But, what the hell, McDonalds sells tons of burgers, too.

And, yes, I was a Bose dealer for my whole career in the business.

Well, Linda, notice I carefully used the description "OK"? Not good, but OK. AM car radios are OK too. It's all in one's perspective as we all know here. Hearing DSOTM in a room with reflective walls and the "pipes" placed at 8" carefully according to the instructions, with a lot of power on 901's, at age 20, having never heard good speakers in a home setting, is awfully darned impressive. Then somebody gave me a pair with rotted surrounds before I knew how to replace them, I asked Bose how much for new drivers and they exchanged the entire system for $350. I never liked them no matter what room or distance from the wall, sold them for a tidy profit. I think the room I first heard them in must have had the "golden ratio", either that, or I was in a "very good mood". The wave radio is a very good clock radio. I've seen/heard some heinous things done with 901s, the most extreme (and this is completely true) was a dance floor in a bar with the speakers hung backwards on chains, without the EQ.
Finding out the dirty little secret of Bose's simulation of good sound was like initiation into a club, and I can never go back to the innocence of youth. But that's OK. I used to eat McDonalds back then too.

But, what the hell, McDonalds sells tons of burgers, too.

Let's not drag McDonalds into this. Ronald already has enough trouble with everyone going at him with pitch forks and torches, blaming him for childhood obesity and thier bad parenting.

Anyone have any views/thoughts on this one?

Interesting that it uses 24 speakers (including two subwoofers) arranged in three layers which provides an "immersive and natural three-dimensional sound field that creates a superior sense of presence and reality"!!!!!!!

View attachment 4588

Refer to this link:

http://www.nhk.or.jp/digital/en/technical/pdf/IBC2007_08040907.pdf

Can't see this "flying" for home use, but sounds pretty cool.

I like the upper stage channels along with below stage channels and the common ones for the middle stage as well as some expansion on top and middle EXPECT the below needs to boldly continue around the side lower walls and around the back wall. Also extra below surrounds stereo below underneath the cinema seats.

I hear just as more below surround when I'm walking around my home or down the road or indoors and hearing my cat :kitty: meowing to me I look downwards hence below surround.

Wow, I just upgraded my bedroom AV system to 9.2, and they want to push 22.2? 9.2 is already overkill. :)

FWIW, I actually prefer my four Bose 901's over the four Focal speakers I had in my quad system downstairs (for music only.)

Back