3D TV; Half baked right now

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr. Hookup

IMHO, 3D TV in it's current form isn't really worth getting into unless you just have too much money to spend. In order to do it right, you need to use HDMI version 1.4, and a Blu Ray 3D player. You will need to buy additional glasses to accomadate all of your guests.These glasses are expen$ive right now. The number of worthwhile 3D Titles is very limited. Some were created as a 3D Movie. Others have been converted from 2D > 3D (not as good.) There are known problems, that when you turn your head slightly from side to side, you loose it. Frankly, I am holding out for 3D without the need for glasses. In order for that to happen, HD Resolution will have to advance from 1080p to 2160p. That is the only way it will be happening. That is still years away.(but worth waiting for). Don't rush it; great things are worth waiting for. Incidently, a few years ago I was at Cedia Expo in Denver. JVC had a serious 3D demo that was better then any other 3D demo I had ever since (including Disney.) They used 2 JVC HD2K Dila Projectors double stacked shooting thru a rear projection screen. This demo was absolutely sick! (JVC Dila Projectors are among the best out there- no DLP, thank God) They were displaying their own 3D material. It was so wild. There was amazing video of the rain forrest with a rather large snake in a tree in the background. The snake eventually sprung forward at us. It was so damn real, I (and others) dropped to the floor to avoid the snake! They also had underwater footage that was just so damn convincing. The quality was insane. The saltwater fish literally swam out towards us. The fish actually swam right in front of our faces which appeared to be inches away from our faces. Absolutely sick! I won't forget it.

Mr. Hookup thanks for your post and welcome to QQ. If it's not too much trouble, could you please check your settings and post without Bold and Bold Italics unless you're trying to emphasize a point? Thanks.

Back