3D TV Is Dead

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He rated the 3D format higher than the 4K version, but that’s six of one, half dozen of another.

I haven’t seen the movie but I’m excited because I love great visuals.
tumblr_p1t5layO0d1wm5srio2_250.gif

:smokin

Neat trick, but at the present IMPRACTICAL....and let's face it...in order to enjoy SURROUND SOUND 'EFFECTIVELY,' only one person at a time can sit in the absolute SWEET SPOT to enjoy it! So, in effect, our hobbies and passions become SOLITARY EVENTS!
maybe Neil Diamond was ahead of his time with the song Solitary Man...;)

Its a real shame 3D is being phased out, I have an LG Oled 3D TV and looks amazing , on the plus side I can pick up lots of used 3D blu-rays very cheaply here in the UK !

Optoma EH500
I hope I like the 2D as much as my current Epson. Only problem currently is lumens.
I'm jumping from 2000 to 4700. But without some of the Epson's snazzy features. And a bit smaller throw. Won't quite fit my 13' screen...

Optoma EH500
I hope I like the 2D as much as my current Epson. Only problem currently is lumens.
I'm jumping from 2000 to 4700. But without some of the Epson's snazzy features. And a bit smaller throw. Won't quite fit my 13' screen...

An important consideration sometimes is the SCREEN you project it on. If you use a sheet or a wall it may not do justice to the projector as some projection screens are made for low lumen projectors and maximize the brightness. I try to read the reviews in Sound/Vision Magazine and a lot of the 3D projectors have minimal light output. That's why I'm in love with my 55" LG OLED ..... It's the first time I'm actually enjoying 3D without any restrictions ..... except for the admittedly smaller screen size.

And as I previously mentioned .... OLED technology is ONLY for flatscreens. I might wait until those LARGE SCREEN OLED TVs [like SONY's 98"] come WAY down in price. I ain't paying $70K for a TV!

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=projection+screens&ref=nb_sb_noss_2

Last edited:
The EH500's 4700 spec'd lumens is essentially a light cannon, so in your particular case I don't think the light loss will be an issue. Compared to your previous projector, if the Epson was a home theater optimized design, you might notice superior color richness compared to the EH500. As the EH500 is designed first for conference room applications, and is DLP, it likely has a RGBW color wheel vs the RGB wheel design used in the home theater optimized DLP versions. Colors are not quite as rich and delineated as with a RGBRGB colorwheel, but without a/b comparisons think you'll still likely be pleased. Plus those increased lumens thanks to a RGBW implementation will really will help with 3-D. DLP also has the best 3-D cancellation due to the lightning fast speed of the DLP micro-mirror technology.

3D probably dead at my house following use of a cleaning solution that marred the antiglare coating on a 2010 Samsung plasma...anyone ever encounter this problem and solve it? A quick online search turned up nothing encouraging :cry:

Sometimes your local Craigslist can fetch an even better bargain when it comes to used 3DTVs.

3-D with Projectors is thankfully still thriving. New 4K/3D projectors can be had for under $1500 and new decent but lower cost 1080p/3D projectors as cheap as $600.

One the THE VERY BEST 3D films I have experienced in quite some time. With Peter Jackson's imprint and a stunning surround envelopment and at the AmazonUK asking price of £10 ..... A MUST BUY [Universal/DOLBY ATMOS/REGION FREE]

91yOaODyZBL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
Back