4 New Quadio releases coming in June!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't doubt it, but what issues are you referring to with a rip of a CD-4 LP?
Like I wrote, they are Q4 - quad RTR, not CD-4.
It sounds like you are not a big fan of the AC album?
I've actually never heard the album, probably because I was turned off by the song School's Out and the accompanying video with the kids singing. Who knows, perhaps I will like the rest of the material on the album.

All of the Deep Purple fans seem to want the U.S. quad of Machine Head to be released, and I would like that also, but there's a Steven Wilson mix of Made in Japan that's been sitting on the shelf for years that I would rather see at this point.
Maybe a possible SDE blu-ray title?
@PaulatSDE

Like I wrote, they are Q4 - quad RTR, not CD-4.

I've actually never heard the album, probably because I was turned off by the song School's Out and the accompanying video with the kids singing. Who knows, perhaps I will like the rest of the material on the album.
Who doesn't love Q4? But B$B is fairly sophisticated in the production, very strong performances, and good melodies believe it or not. You'll be instantly impressed with at least half of it. If it is one of the upcoming titles anyway.

All of the Deep Purple fans seem to want the U.S. quad of Machine Head to be released, and I would like that also, but there's a Steven Wilson mix of Made in Japan that's been sitting on the shelf for years that I would rather see at this point.
Unlikely that would be part of the Quadio series at that seems dedicated to 70s quad mixes.

But I agree that I'd rather have other titles besides Machine Head as the 5.1 mix already exists.

Who doesn't love Q4? But B$B is fairly sophisticated in the production, very strong performances, and good melodies believe it or not. You'll be instantly impressed with at least half of it. If it is one of the upcoming titles anyway.
I fell in love with the song "School's Out" as a kid largely because of the sophisticated production. (I can understand if one is turned off by the kids singing, but Ezrin had to try it out before he hooked up with Pink Floyd SOMEwhere... ;) )

I was disappointed in the rest of the album, however, where I found the songwriting and production to be 'meh' in comparison. The Billion Dollar Babies album, OTOH, was pretty clearly them taking what they did with the "School's Out" track and expanding it to an entire album.

Some of us would love to have these :)
Re: Seals and Crofts, Graham Central Station and James Taylor

I should add that even if I'm hyping myself for some rock titles, hard rock titles at that, I'd be excited to get some of the softer edged things. Joni, Jackson, Randy, and that last needed quad America album. I even like and hope for Bette Midler at some point. Seals and Crofts actually has 2-fer appeal which it could benefit from. "Gorilla" is the James Taylor album I'd be most up for. But... I would also prefer titles coming out now on SACD to be ones not previously issued on consumer reel to reel (Q4). That imo pushes Joni and Jackson to the top of the want list.

Last edited:
Many people have rips of several Q4 Warner quads, all of which have issues. I have the CD stereo versions; plus I had the LP's way back when. I'm sure that there is nothing people would like better than to send those squirrelly rips into cyber trash. And I will be carting off my CD's to a church rummage sale. Warner quads: If they cost money, I will buy them (even if one is Alice Cooper. :eek: )
What issues are there with Q4s that you've heard. because Q4 has consistently been the best quad I have heard over the years regardless of the release label. I mean real winners, and the rare dud. Sorry I got lost on the Q4 mention in your post. But I did want to follow up on what flaws you found on all reels you heard?

Something I have thought about on occasion. Sometimes a quad album master tape has been tossed, lost, rotted, or even burnt to a crisp. So a Q4 might be all that is left of a quad mix. I can easily imagine a consumer reel (Q4) being put through the Plangent process and used for a new release on disc. Quad on reel is the thing that held me over all these years. I seriously do not enjoy Q8. There are some nice WB Q4s - I always thought.

I fell in love with the song "School's Out" as a kid largely because of the sophisticated production. (I can understand if one is turned off by the kids singing, but Ezrin had to try it out before he hooked up with Pink Floyd SOMEwhere... ;) )

I was disappointed in the rest of the album, however, where I found the songwriting and production to be 'meh' in comparison. The Billion Dollar Babies album, OTOH, was pretty clearly them taking what they did with the "School's Out" track and expanding it to an entire album.
I felt the School's Out album has many various moods and textures, and was not samy. Public Animal, Blue Turk, My Stars, Luney Tune, etc. Just fab stuff. All better than the title track imo. Too bad no quad for that album.

What issues are there with Q4s that you've heard. because Q4 has consistently been the best quad I have heard over the years regardless of the release label. I mean real winners, and the rare dud. Sorry I got lost on the Q4 mention in your post. But I did want to follow up on what flaws you found on all reels you heard?
It's not with the Q4's themselves which are just fine, of course. Rather the issue is with how the rips of the Q4's turned out.

I have them in stereo and not decoded, and once ClickRepair came online available, even my CD-4s sparkle like never before. Background noise is quite minimal, and ticks fixed, and 24/96kHz is pretty darn good.
I can't speak for the undecoded results - never really had an interest in that - but most of the WEA quad LPs in my collection sound pretty poor when demodulated, especially compared to the Japanese JVC stuff or even some USA RCA pressings.

My SH-400's 'hi-blend' feature helped mitigate the background noise that previously made some titles unlistenable (The Eagles' One Of These Nights, Deep Purple's Machine Head, etc), but - when there aren't bouts of distortion - the top-end rolloff still makes them sound drab and unexciting.

Just so you know, another "teaser" is coming next Friday. Based on the level of astuteness here, I'm sure the titles will become obvious to all of you then.
This is marketing!

Anyway, all product is manufactured and ready to go.
June is a big month for Rhino releases, and this is the spot where the Quadios landed.

You folks are going to love these. They sound phenomenal am I'm so happy they are going to see the light of day.

Just so you know, another "teaser" is coming next Friday. Based on the level of astuteness here, I'm sure the titles will become obvious to all of you then.
This is marketing!

June is a big month for Rhino releases, and this is the spot where the Quadios landed.

You folks are going to love these. They sound phenomenal am I'm so happy they are going to see the light of day.
So happy you're leading the rhino herd into this new pastureland on the savannah! Looking forward to lots of tasty foraging....

This is marketing!

Hope you press enough to go around.
These super limited editions that sell out almost immediately are getting painful :)

Attachments

• friday.jpg
    friday.jpg
    269.6 KB · Views: 0
Just so you know, another "teaser" is coming next Friday.
My take on this is:
1. The teaser coming on Friday will reveal, and not just hint at (to those fairly up on the WMG quad list) the exact titles that are coming.
2. The stock is pressed and now on hand, no delays are expected at all.
3. ForagingRhino is also excited just as we are about the titles set for flight, and the quality achieved here is a TKO.

Very strong potential here is that these releases could top the previous batches of Quadio discs in quality, and even performances depending on one's taste.

Back