4 New Quadio releases coming in June!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think that they missed the boat with that presumption. Kids could afford records, maybe not much equipment yet. I know I was one! Within a few short years those "kids" would be affluent enough to afford quad equipement. The "experiment" was called off before being given half a chance. Most older folk were still happy with mono!

A lot of "hard rock" was released on Q8, I guess they figured that "kids" could afford those! Wait a minute, tapes were always more expensive than records!

But the playback hardware was easier and cheaper, esp in the car

I'm still a "kid" at 42. I'm hoping these are either *BIG* titles, like perhaps an Eagles (Self Titled or Desperado, with the promise of more on the way), maybe the Unreleased John Denver from '75.... an Elvis title perhaps or something completely out of left field that we're not aware of. Titles that would smash it out of the park. Start off with a bang, y'know?? Maybe then I might-could be persuaded to buy something that'll play these new-fangled Blew-Rheys.

As the Eagles were on Asylum, I'm afraid they're out of the running this time.
JJ, Asylum is still controlled by Warner according to

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asylum_Records
ForagingRhino even alluded to the fact that to coax the band to give the go ahead for release of their QUAD catalog it would take some finessing as the members don't comunicate with each other and they ALL have to sign off!

WOULD SOMEONE GRACIOUSLY PASS THEM THE PEACE PIPE?☮️

Last edited:

ForagingRhino even alluded to the fact that to coax the band to give the go ahead for release of their QUAD catalog it would take some finessing as the members don't comunicate with each other and they ALL have to sign off!

Which means it's not entirely off the table. Not to mention I'm sure Mr. Rhino is well aware that getting that kind of release would be a red-letter day for their Quadio Program.
It all comes down to putting pen to paper....

Maybe....
Deep Purple - Burn (announced / unreleased)
Black Sabbath - Sabotage
Rod Stewart - Atlantic Crossing

Has the rumour about "Gord's Gold" finally been put to bed? It was never actually done? How about James Taylor's "Sweet Baby James" ?

Which means it's not entirely off the table. Not to mention I'm sure Mr. Rhino is well aware that getting that kind of release would be a red-letter day for their Quadio Program.
It all comes down to putting pen to paper....

Maybe....
Deep Purple - Burn (announced / unreleased)
Black Sabbath - Sabotage
Rod Stewart - Atlantic Crossing

Has the rumour about "Gord's Gold" finally been put to bed? It was never actually done? How about James Taylor's "Sweet Baby James" ?
I think Steve said that he didn't see any evidence of Gord's Gold. Sabotage seems to be non-existent, unless I missed something. I'm trying to narrow down what I think is going to be released, and I'd go out on a limb to say:
Alice Cooper - Billion Dollar Babies
Deep Purple - Machine Head
Spinners - (First Album)
Jefferson Starship - Red Octopus

For the Atlantic one, maybe Roberta Flack instead of Spinners...

Or the peyote! 😉

Surely, even if they talk about NOTHING else, they’d be interested in releasing the old quad catalog. Who WOULDN’T be interested in that? 😄

Last edited:
Or the peyote! 😉

Surely, even if they talk about NOTHING else, they’d be interested in releasing the old quad catalog. Who WOULDN’T be interested in that? 😄
It feels like that unless they don't get certain agreements with some artists, we're going to see a lot of things finally freed up. That's my hope, anyway. There must have been a plan back when the CTA and Aretha discs were released, so they're continuing on with that, I guess (?).

I'm still a "kid" at 42. I'm hoping these are either *BIG* titles, like perhaps an Eagles (Self Titled or Desperado, with the promise of more on the way)
As the Eagles were on Asylum, I'm afraid they're out of the running this time.

And, the first two Eagles albums were never mixed into quad afaik.

I think Steve said that he didn't see any evidence of Gord's Gold. Sabotage seems to be non-existent, unless I missed something. I'm trying to narrow down what I think is going to be released, and I'd go out on a limb to say:
Alice Cooper - Billion Dollar Babies
Deep Purple - Machine Head
Spinners - (First Album)
Jefferson Starship - Red Octopus

For the Atlantic one, maybe Roberta Flack instead of Spinners...
These choices make total sense.
My first reaction is, I have 3 of them already in some form of audiophile disc, but will gladly buy these new ones anyway.

there weren't a ton of hard rock quads, period, were there?
Right off the top of my head, “They Only Come Out At Night” by Edgar Winter, “All American Boy” by Rick Derringer, “The best of Mountain,” “Super Session” by Bloomfield, Cooper, Stills, “DSOTM,” “Abraxas” by Santana. Don’t know if you consider these to be “hard” rock, but I don’t believe the genre was ignored, at least by the SQ pressers.

Right off the top of my head, “They Only Come Out At Night” by Edgar Winter, “All American Boy” by Rick Derringer, “The best of Mountain,” “Super Session” by Bloomfield, Cooper, Stills, “DSOTM,” “Abraxas” by Santana. Don’t know if you consider these to be “hard” rock, but I don’t believe the genre was ignored, at least by the SQ pressers.
Columbia releases were much more varied than many other labels, they had much more foresight IMHO!. Those from A&M were mostly soft rock.

ABC/Dunhill had a few hard rock releases as well but could have done much more! James Gang, a couple albums recorded at Quadraphonic Sound Studios but albums released only in stereo! What about Steppenwolf!

German label Bellaphon/Bacillus did release a lot of hard and progressive rock, much or all as single inventory Quad!

'nuff with all the speculation. Tomorrow is The Big Reveal.
Not really. We were told that there would be another hint, but a hint that will help all of us likely figure it all out. 🙂

So gvl_guy, it seems that you took the Vegas over of 1000 posts on this thread before the titles were fully revealed? That's what @cbmmm3 and I took.

So gvl_guy, it seems that you took the Vegas over of 1000 posts on this thread before the titles were fully revealed? That's what @cbmmm3 and I took.
I was just thinking that I am fatigued from the drama of all this…I am switching my attention to seeing if we can get 1,000 posts prior to the announcement of the titles 😝

Last edited:
Market research for affluence across different audiences might have mattered too.
Screenshot_20230608_120623_Chrome.jpg

Hey you sonofabitch . . . Have any hair of the dog?

Last edited:
I'd love the two Eagles from the Quads; especially "On the Border" just as much as "One Of These Nights.

It certainly would be worth it if Rhino/Steve could gingerly approach the Eagles' management to see if there would be any interest at all. Perhaps after they bring out this first batch of new ones to show the strength of sales (which I'm confident all here will help with, RIGHT 😎 ?)

I guess I kind of view it as somewhat backwards; but I feel whatever artist has their Quad music of old turned into a nice slick and tasty Rhino Quadio should feel extremely honored from it 😄

Back