4 New Quadio releases coming in June!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Regarding J-Geils, the only version of Nightmare I've heard is CD-4.
Paranoid, I've heard the quad reel version
Red Octopus, I've heard the quad reel version
Billion Dollar Babies, I own the DVD-Audio version with 5.1.

Babies was only offered on Q8 and CD-4, neither of which I've heard. This true quad on BDA will be an ass kicker. The more I talk about this, I'd say the Alice Cooper title is a shining star here!!
Hmmmm… not being a Quad historian or purist, color me a bit disappointed if these truly are the 4 titles to be released.

This has more to do with personal taste: Jefferson Starship was always too commercial for my tastes; the J Geils misses on the prime Geils of their first two great albums; the same for the Alice as Babies doesn’t come close to what the band achieved on Love It To Death and Killer. I’m all in on the Sabbath.

I realize the precept for these was that Quad versions already existed which highly limits my preferences for the bands involved.

That said, I’ll probably get them all!

I'm liking the acoustic guitar parts of this, and the general production. I did see Geils on this tour at the Bayfront Center in St. Pete Florida. Gary Wright opened the show with his new album at the time called "Dream Weaver."

And then much later I got to casually know Peter Wolf, such a cool guy and easy to talk to. He actually came into my work more than once and asked for me by name, making me feel damn cool with my coworkers at the time. That is how cool this guy is. So I have always liked them, and have a special place for their best albums which this is one of. Also a very dynamic stage performer leaping around the stage like a frog on crank!
@quicksrt the next time you see him, please inform Mr. "Wolf" that his 8th grade English teacher was none too pleased to see the title of one of his songs listed as "Must Of Got Lost" (rather than the appropriate "Must Have Gotten Lost"), and for which she felt that his final grade of C- was justified. She DID however allow some leniency for the fact that he actually sings "Musta Got Lost". Teachers can be so uncool. 😎

And I was one of those fools who, in the last week, began to doubt the release of B$B.
Bless me father, for I have sinned. 🙏

The question to ask is will we be the only ones to buy these?
These could be popular with stereo only fans if Kevin did the mastering on the high-res stereo track as well. The number with blu-ray players connected to their system is probably a lot less than multichannel fans but a lot probably have music servers.

Of course, then the trojan horse will be deployed and it's just a matter of time before curiosity about the quad mix gets them to add some speakers to their setup. :p

These could be popular with stereo only fans if Kevin did the mastering on the high-res stereo track as well. The number with blu-ray players connected to their system is probably a lot less than multichannel fans but a lot probably have music servers.

Of course, then the trojan horse will be deployed and it's just a matter of time before curiosity about the quad mix gets them to add some speakers to their setup. :p
Nah, the Trojan Horse is movies. If people are going to add speakers, they are going to do it for their movie viewing. Then curiosity about multi-channel music may pique their interest.

Kevin Gray mastered the Quad on the upcoming Quadio's? 😱

@quicksrt the next time you see him, please inform Mr. "Wolf" that his 8th grade English teacher was none too pleased to see the title of one of his songs listed as "Must Of Got Lost" (rather than the appropriate "Must Have Gotten Lost"), and for which she felt that his final grade of C- was justified. She DID however allow some leniency for the fact that he actually sings "Musta Got Lost". Teachers can be so uncool. 😎

Aaaaaaaaaaah...show her the Centerfold video. That will put things into perspective.

Regarding J-Geils, the only version of Nightmare I've heard is CD-4.
Paranoid, I've heard the quad reel version
Red Octopus, I've heard the quad reel version
Billion Dollar Babies, I own the DVD-Audio version with 5.1.

Babies was only offered on Q8 and CD-4, neither of which I've heard. This true quad on BDA will be an ass kicker. The more I talk about this, I'd say the Alice Cooper title is a shining star here!!
Might have to change your avatar 😜

DTS & DTS HD & Quadio:

I have the Doobie Brothers Quadios (and may end up buying some/all of the new Quadios), my receiver only decodes the DTS core, has anyone done a listening test to see if the DTS HD sounds "better" than the DTS core (on the Doobie Brothers Quadios for example)?

Kirk Bayne

Sabbath Paranoid , and Starship Red Octopus are easy guesses from those colour fonts.
The green/yellow looks similar to ZZ TOP TRES HOMBRES.

And the blue ? J Geils Nightmares.

So....that's my guess.

Sad-face emoji--but thanks for the definitive info, @ForagingRhino.
aww.. don't be sad! 🤗😘
with a pristine source any mastering moves that aren't to the individual's taste can be fiddled about with, wicked Uncle Ernie style! up with the treble, down with the bass -- fiddle about!! fiddle about!! 😋🥳🤤👙🩲💪👀

Why? Is Craig Anderson chopped meat? (Oh boy. Here we go again.) o_O
Craig Anderson has years in the disc authoring business including all of most all of the original Warner / Rhino DVD-A releases, and has far fewer "mastering" project credits to his name. He did the mastering & authoring on both the Chicago and The Doobie Brothers – Quadio box sets

Back