44 deg C (111 F) here today!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Mainlanders are at the gates.... :)
Friday's official temperature for where I live was 32 degrees, but my aircon was reporting 37 degrees..which is way too hot for me....
Screenshot_2019-12-22-19-05-24-16.png

Is this normal? I don't remember hearing about extreme heat or devastating wild fires in Australia, say, from 10 years ago. But the last 2-3 years.....wow!

Or is this the "new" normal?

You guys know how to rake those leaves correctly, right? That's what happened in California the last few years ;)

I must try and ring my cousin's tonight in Traralgon & Morpeth to see how they are (+ it will be Xmas Day there). Some years ago, when my Uncle was alive he rang from his house on Philip Island on Xmas Day, he and my Aunt were in their underwear having removed even their wedding rings it was that hot. This looks a lot worse, and so many bush fires as well, scary.

There’s a penguin colony on Philip Island. I wonder if they hang around in summer in their tuxedos.
My Aunt & Uncle always said they had penguins at the bottom of their garden..... I only knew they had a budgerigar!

I talked to my cousin in Traralgon and he wasn't worried as the fire was 120km away, which doesn't seem far enough to me! And realised my other cousin is down the road in Morwell (I got the wrong town in the wrong country!).

You're keeping your computers, your vinyl, and all the rest of your multi-channel media in a climate-controlled vault, right?

I'm also in Australia and further north and... I worry a little about the impact of the heat and humidity occasionally. I am all Anthem/Martin Logan and I don't think it's much like Canada here... and the MRX710 controller is slightly sticky on the bottom; heat effected. Hmm.

41° here today and horrible. We are located right in the red Emergency indicator on the top right but we are okay at the moment. Helicopters still continuously flying overhead water bombing the fire. A massive southerly wind is blowing the fire north and hopefully away from us. Really scary but we are okay. I hope that everyone here remains safe

E5BEFAC5-4C08-4962-A95A-C6EC50763E5B.jpeg

41° here today and horrible. We are located right in the red Emergency indicator on the top right but we are okay at the moment. Helicopters still continuously flying overhead water bombing the fire. A massive southerly wind is blowing the fire north and hopefully away from us. Really scary but we are okay. I hope that everyone here remains safe

View attachment 44954
Absolutly gruesome:
https://www.thedailybeast.com/austr...n-4000-people-on-beach-in-mallacoota?ref=home

Back