5.1 and 4.0 to DTS Neural ?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First off, let me say that I'm a quadraholic. Multiple quad systems at home and up until recently I had an Acura with 5.1 in my car. I burnt many DVD-Audio disks and really enjoyed listening to them in the car. I really loved the ELS system. Now I have a Honda with 5 speakers, BUT it's not discrete. It has Neural DTS though. I must say that certain matrix encoded things actually sound good. Even Big Band Moog (EV-4??) has some front/rear action (more than using other decoders).

My question is... Is there a way to take 5.1 or 4.0 files and encode them somehow to get decent separation in my DTS neural car? I know it's not going to be discrete, but it would be nice to have a somewhat improved sound. Is there such thing as a DTS neural encoder?

Thanks !!

Neural is an upmixing technology, not encoding. If your car has Neural it should work with anything you play.

Neural is an upmixing technology, not encoding. If your car has Neural it should work with anything you play.
I guess that I was looking for a way to play my 4.0 or 5.1 collection in the car without having downmix it? I'm not sure what I'm trying to do.... :)

• Haha
Reactions: GOS
The Neural upmixer is compatible with Dolby Pro Logic II - you may have some luck downmixing to that. I also believe 10th gen Accords and 3rd gen Insights unofficially support 16/44 FLAC including Neural upmixing. It seems to work relatively well in my ‘19 Accord Touring.

Back