5.1 BD!! "Electric Lady Studios: A Jimi Hendrix Vision" 3CD/1BD box set (Experience Hendrix/Legacy) (3/25/2022)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't say I've heard of any of these songs! 🙃

I just pulled out my 25-year old CD of First Rays yesterday, along with the purple paisley velvet long box.

I suggest you visit your local dispensary, fire up your new Surround Master, and stream from the service of your choice.

R-693290-1148553595.jpeg.jpg

R-693290-1428817987-8446.jpeg.jpg

R-1428473-1587983379-5105.jpeg.jpg

R-1428473-1587983379-6261.jpeg.jpg

Both of those CD sets above are from the period of the CD version being 2nd class to the vinyl. (And the digital master that made the vinyl remaining unreleased.) The "First Rays" & "South Saturn Delta" compilations (select tracks from War Heroes, Rainbow Bridge, and Cry of Love and then a couple previously bootleg only cuts on SSD) all sound generational next to the original albums. But with the clean copy of SSD and one other track I think obviously sounding better than the old boots. SSD is worth picking up for that.

The big purple box (8 album set) however, sounds absolutely fantastic and I highly recommend! There are only 1 album's worth of reissued tracks throughout and those are from arguably obscure live albums.

I'm still waiting for a proper digital release of the 3 albums (WH, RB, & CoL) those comps are from. (Deutsche Grammophon reissues from the '80s sound pretty good until then. I thought so anyway.)

I like what I know. His amazing Smash Hits and several albums: Band of Gypsies, Axis, Are You Experienced, E. Ladyland...
Then you will like 90% of these songs. When Iheard most of these songs many years ago, it made me even sadder that he died so young. The direction he was heading at the beginning of the 70's was so promising that I feel like the best was yet to come. Even if the surround isn't that great, it will be nice to have these in hi-rez stereo.

Those 3 albums are technically all unfinished tracks released AD. But they have to be heard to be believed! Most of the tracks are more finished than most mortals with all the time left in the world could pull off. The leap in writing and arrangement in all this is mind blowing. There are 1 or 2 tracks on each that are more "fun" tracks and decidedly unfinished or a jam or screwing around but the rest is some of the best stuff JH ever recorded!

Both of those CD sets above are from the period of the CD version being 2nd class to the vinyl. (And the digital master that made the vinyl remaining unreleased.) The "First Rays" & "South Saturn Delta" compilations (select tracks from War Heroes, Rainbow Bridge, and Cry of Love and then a couple previously bootleg only cuts on SSD) all sound generational next to the original albums. But with the clean copy of SSD and one other track I think obviously sounding better than the old boots. SSD is worth picking up for that.

The big purple box (8 album set) however, sounds absolutely fantastic and I highly recommend! There are only 1 album's worth of reissued tracks throughout and those are from arguably obscure live albums.

I'm still waiting for a proper digital release of the 3 albums (WH, RB, & CoL) those comps are from. (Deutsche Grammophon reissues from the '80s sound pretty good until then. I thought so anyway.)

Sure was easier playing 2nd-class CDs in the car for the half-million miles I drove for work. 💿;)
Can't hear the difference any more these days. 👴

But yeah, nice to have the German-pressed vinyl 1971 UK WEA Rainbow Bridge & 1980 12-LP Polydor box.
Bought new, only spun to dub to cassette, now part of my estate, hence the sticky note. 💀⚱⚰

Hoping for the best sound quality on the blu ray, but having heard the music so many times, the documentary might become my favorite thing on it, much like ELL.

IMG_7060.jpeg

Back