5.1 BD!! "Electric Lady Studios: A Jimi Hendrix Vision" 3CD/1BD box set (Experience Hendrix/Legacy) (3/25/2022)

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

4-earredwonder

QQ Lifetime Supporter
QQ Lifetime Supporter
It’s kind of vague….1 Blu-Ray DVD? Which is it a BR or DVD, can’t be both unless they are both included which would mean it’s a 5 disc set. Or am I missing something?
If you reference the pic above [in post #53], it clearly shows a BD, Jeffie....and BTW, we're ALL descended from the 🙉 Hey, CUZ!

I pre~ordered, as well! 🐵

RustyStatic

QQ Supporter
Showing up as “Currently Unavailable” again in the US right now… I expect that’ll clear up soon enough, but FYI.

The56Kid

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
I like what I know. His amazing Smash Hits and several albums: Band of Gypsies, Axis, Are You Experienced, E. Ladyland...
A few demerits for not knowing the amazing songs from this later era Hendrix, Mike, but you’re spot on regarding Kramer’s unimpressive surround mix of Electric Ladyland.

stereoptic

QQ Supporter
that amazon link is dead again. Why hasn't SuperDeluxeEdition covered this?

4-earredwonder

QQ Lifetime Supporter
QQ Lifetime Supporter
Possibly only info (so far) on this release is in the USA, in the UK we've seen nothing - like the Kiss Destroyer box
So much for the adage: Music IS the UNIVERSAL LANGUAGE. Kiss Destroyer still NOT IN THE UK, DUNC?

Regarding my Amazon Order status for the new Hendrix boxset placed on 1/13/22:

Not yet shipped
We will email you when we have an estimated delivery date.

Last edited:

J. PUPSTER

QQ Lifetime Supporter
QQ Lifetime Supporter
QQ Supporter

4-earredwonder

QQ Lifetime Supporter
QQ Lifetime Supporter
Old Times Good Times - we need this album out in surround also!

Ironically, JP, Warner/Rhino had announced a bona fide MLP DVD~A 5.1/CD combo for this release some years ago but then canceled. It was actually a pre~order @ AmazonUK. So hopefully, a 5.1 remix does exist somewhere in the Warner vaults.

fizzywiggs41

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Old Times Good Times - we need this album out in surround also!

Let's hope Stephen Stills hasn't crossed over to the land of audio dinosaurs , like Paul Simon and Van Morrison .

So many great tunes to be had , but some artists can't fanthom a Surround release of their Classic albums ,because they are still stuck in the past.

fizzywiggs41

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
I was reading about the start up of Electric Lady Studios some time ago, and Jimi wanted nothing but the latest and greatest for his studio.
And it was one of the first to feature Quad remix facilities. Unfortunately he passed before that installation .(but Eddie Kramer did manage to oversee his uber studio for multitracking mixing...for quadraphonic)
That Legacy belongs to both I figure.

EricKalet

QQ Supporter
Can't find the standard stereo version of this on Apple Music :cry: Was hoping to get a listen in as a preview of whats coming up...

~dave~~wave~

QQ Supporter
Can't find the standard stereo version of this on Apple Music :cry: Was hoping to get a listen in as a preview of whats coming up...
Inexcusable! Only nine Hendrix albums?! :eek:

Can you get a free trial of Amazon Music?
Otherwise, looks like your best bet on Apple is Cry of Love and Rainbow Bridge, for a little taste.

DuncanS

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
So much for the adage: Music IS the UNIVERSAL LANGUAGE. Kiss Destroyer still NOT IN THE UK, DUNC?

Regarding my Amazon Order status for the new Hendrix boxset placed on 1/13/22:

Not yet shipped
We will email you when we have an estimated delivery date.
Nope, it is a lot even in US$ for a band I sort of like. Hendrix on the other hand I'll get no matter what the cost, but I suspect it'll appear on amazon.co.uk, as a pre-order it won't let me pre order!