5.1 BD!! "Electric Lady Studios: A Jimi Hendrix Vision" 3CD/1BD box set (Experience Hendrix/Legacy) (3/25/2022)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to say that I'm very confused about the timing of the Hendrix lawsuit. Experience Hendrix/Janie Hendrix has been releasing recordings for years so why now?

Why they need money now all of a sudden to sue.. Hasn't these albums been out for a really long time? lol?
Out of print for a long time!

And then lots of compromised reissues with everything from subdued sound to chunks of music edited out. So we're already looking at this one a little side eyed.

My pre order on amazon US has not been cancelled yet. I am hopeful I may actually hear it one day.
Mine too. As long as they don't cancel it then it's just a matter of time. The fact that it showed up on cdjapan is a positive development that maybe the legal log jam is being worked out.
The race is on. Which one will get resolved first, this Hendrix release or the Beatles Get Back bluray?

Yes The Beatles on the Roof was meant to be out on BluRay 5.1 Box Set
at least now know its Officially at the End of the year release.

Jimi Hendrix New CD /BluRay is Delayed
but still no Official date

The last I heard was that there was some issue with where the lawsuit needed to be heard, the US or UK, or both. Nevertheless my order is still "alive" on Amazon (originally placed Jan 5th). This has probably been the longest stretch since he died where nothing "new" has been released.

Here’s a copy of my post on the SH Forum from last month regarding the status of this release.

I pre-ordered this release from Bull Moose in January and just sent them an email asking for a status update. This was their response:

“Thank you for reaching out! The release date that we currently have for this item is December 31, 2022, so this will be shipping out closer to that date.”

Here’s a copy of my post on the SH Forum from last month regarding the status of this release.

I pre-ordered this release from Bull Moose in January and just sent them an email asking for a status update. This was their response:

“Thank you for reaching out! The release date that we currently have for this item is December 31, 2022, so this will be shipping out closer to that date.”
12/31 is a Saturday. That is just an automated response that means they don't have a date yet.

I heard its being held up so Hendrix can finish recording some overdubs to complete a few songs.
Jeffie, does this tidbit of news come courtesy of a 'spectral' friend in the City of Angels?

See the source image

Back