5.1 BD!! "Electric Lady Studios: A Jimi Hendrix Vision" 3CD/1BD box set (Experience Hendrix/Legacy) (3/25/2022)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It’s kind of vague….1 Blu-Ray DVD? Which is it a BR or DVD, can’t be both unless they are both included which would mean it’s a 5 disc set. Or am I missing something?

If you reference the pic above [in post #53], it clearly shows a BD, Jeffie....and BTW, we're ALL descended from the 🙉 Hey, CUZ!

I pre~ordered, as well! 🐵

I like what I know. His amazing Smash Hits and several albums: Band of Gypsies, Axis, Are You Experienced, E. Ladyland...
A few demerits for not knowing the amazing songs from this later era Hendrix, Mike, but you’re spot on regarding Kramer’s unimpressive surround mix of Electric Ladyland.

Possibly only info (so far) on this release is in the USA, in the UK we've seen nothing - like the Kiss Destroyer box

So much for the adage: Music IS the UNIVERSAL LANGUAGE. Kiss Destroyer still NOT IN THE UK, DUNC?

Regarding my Amazon Order status for the new Hendrix boxset placed on 1/13/22:

Not yet shipped
We will email you when we have an estimated delivery date.

Last edited:
Old Times Good Times - we need this album out in surround also!

https://www.discogs.com/release/733501-Stephen-Stills-Stephen-Stills

Ironically, JP, Warner/Rhino had announced a bona fide MLP DVD~A 5.1/CD combo for this release some years ago but then canceled. It was actually a pre~order @ AmazonUK. So hopefully, a 5.1 remix does exist somewhere in the Warner vaults.
R-733501-1257544668.jpeg.jpg

I was reading about the start up of Electric Lady Studios some time ago, and Jimi wanted nothing but the latest and greatest for his studio.
And it was one of the first to feature Quad remix facilities. Unfortunately he passed before that installation .(but Eddie Kramer did manage to oversee his uber studio for multitracking mixing...for quadraphonic)
That Legacy belongs to both I figure.

Can't find the standard stereo version of this on Apple Music :cry: Was hoping to get a listen in as a preview of whats coming up...

Inexcusable! Only nine Hendrix albums?! :eek:

Can you get a free trial of Amazon Music?
Otherwise, looks like your best bet on Apple is Cry of Love and Rainbow Bridge, for a little taste.

So much for the adage: Music IS the UNIVERSAL LANGUAGE. Kiss Destroyer still NOT IN THE UK, DUNC?

Regarding my Amazon Order status for the new Hendrix boxset placed on 1/13/22:

Not yet shipped
We will email you when we have an estimated delivery date.
Nope, it is a lot even in US$ for a band I sort of like. Hendrix on the other hand I'll get no matter what the cost, but I suspect it'll appear on amazon.co.uk, as a pre-order it won't let me pre order!

Back