5.1 BD!! "Electric Lady Studios: A Jimi Hendrix Vision" 3CD/1BD box set (Experience Hendrix/Legacy) (3/25/2022)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's kind of been non stop after he died with people wanting their hands on this material as well as editing and altering it. Those initial 3 albums to begin with surely can't live up to what Jimi might have intended. The sprinkling of looser 'fun' tracks and all that. Then there was that Crash Landing debacle. That should be a crime that carries legal ramifications right there! I think some of the original mutitrack tapes those incompetent fucks butchered for that are still missing.

Then there were those edited up CD releases that prompted the family to step in and start suing again. Voodoo Soup was one of the names. Brutal editing and poor sound.

Then we had the "First Rays..." and "South Saturn Delta" releases which might have been better than the bootleggy stuff prior but still featured generational sound. These were released when CDs often got volume war treatment, vinyl got a more proper transfer from the digital master, and said digital master was never released. The vinyl versions sound generational too.

I'm not holding my breath that any 5.1 remix will suddenly be definitive after Electric Ladyland. That was still a breath of fresh air for not being a blown off treble-y hack job like so many surround remixes that came out around the same time. A nice bonus addendum for the album. Maybe this will be similar and hold a few gems. I'm just hoping that we finally get decent copies of the stereo mixes that at least equal the fidelity of the original albums if not better them on that disc 4 bluray! This business with all the digital Hendrix releases still sounding more like novelty copies is getting really old!

They do unless it is canceled by them. I had andy griffith tv box set blu before, they made it in stock only that i used my moosey points on for 35.99 :).

Just checked my pre~order @ AmazonUS:

Not yet shipped
We will email you when we have an estimated delivery date.

Paid for with a gift card so will probably stay with Amazon!

I was lucky enough to pre-order this upcoming release from Bull Moose before they took down the listing on their website. Today I received the following notice from Bull Moose:

Hello James,

Thank you for your order on Jan 21, 2022. Unfortunately the release date has been delayed by the manufacturer or distributor:

HENDRIX,JIMI/ELECTRIC LADY STUDIOS: A JIMI HENDRIX VISION@3CD/1BR
It now releases Apr 15, 2022.
It was previously scheduled for Mar 25, 2022

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns about this change and thank you for your understanding!

Bull Moose Crew

I haven't been keeping up with this thread. So, what's going on?? Some were able to order early, while others (many) cannot find any listings now? Is it an official release, or not? If yes, won't they be listing it?

I haven't been keeping up with this thread. So, what's going on?? Some were able to order early, while others (many) cannot find any listings now? Is it an official release, or not? If yes, won't they be listing it?
The pre-order originally appeared on Amazon and was taken down shortly after. Then it was back up on Amazon for a brief time and then disappeared again. Meanwhile it showed up at Bullmoose for a brief time as well and a few people were able to pre-order before it was taken down. During this period there were a few articles found elsewhere that indicated there was some legal issues regarding royalties between the heirs of the three primary member of The Experience (Hendrix, Redding and Mitchell), leading to speculation that might be the reason for the pre-order situation.
Regardless, it sounds like it's just a matter of time before it's released and the pre-order links are back up. As far as I am concerned I can wait. I already have all these songs on RBCDs and I would wager that most of the people who are interested in this set can say the same.
So basically, wait for the dust to settle and see what happens next.

BTW, very sorry for your loss. My dad died about a decade ago and I still miss him every day. Best wishes to you and your family.

I was lucky enough to pre-order this upcoming release from Bull Moose before they took down the listing on their website. Today I received the following notice from Bull Moose:

Hello James,

Thank you for your order on Jan 21, 2022. Unfortunately the release date has been delayed by the manufacturer or distributor:

HENDRIX,JIMI/ELECTRIC LADY STUDIOS: A JIMI HENDRIX VISION@3CD/1BR
It now releases Apr 15, 2022.
It was previously scheduled for Mar 25, 2022

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns about this change and thank you for your understanding!

Bull Moose Crew
Still no notice from BM for me🤔

Back