5.1 external sound cards

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's what it says, but when you look at the modes for this device in windows 10 it goes up to 24/96.

There are two possibilities:
1) windows does resample down to 48/16...
or
2) there is a newer different chip on the same kind of enclosure (nothing new with chinese stuff): can you determine if there is still a 6206 chip inside or there is a newer one? That will be very useful for many.

There are two possibilities:
1) windows does resample down to 48/16...
or
2) there is a newer different chip on the same kind of enclosure (nothing new with chinese stuff): can you determine if there is still a 6206 chip inside or there is a newer one? That will be very useful for many.
I'm looking at the settings again and I now see that the SPDIF is 48khz only(it does say DTS, DD, WMA Pro supported), but the analog does have distinct modes going up to 24/96khz. I have only ever used the analog output so didn't notice, but for the price it didn't matter too much, works well enough for me.

I'm looking at the settings again and I now see that the SPDIF is 48khz only(it does say DTS, DD, WMA Pro supported), but the analog does have distinct modes going up to 24/96khz. I have only ever used the analog output so didn't notice, but for the price it didn't matter too much, works well enough for me.

I'm interested in this device, could you post the hardware ID?
On windows:
control panel / system / manage / Sound Video and game controller / (YOUR USB SOUNDCARD) / (right-click) Properties / Details / choose on the dropdown box Hardware ID / (copy the first line of the various present).

Thanks.

I'm interested in this device, could you post the hardware ID?
On windows:
control panel / system / manage / Sound Video and game controller / (YOUR USB SOUNDCARD) / (right-click) Properties / Details / choose on the dropdown box Hardware ID / (copy the first line of the various present).

Thanks.
Here is "Hardware Ids", excuse my crappy photographer skills.
20210101_111348.jpg

Here are the modes for the analog output, notice how it has strange options, if it was just windows upsampling I think there would be more options above or below 24/96khz.
20210101_111422.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the photos, really clear, very appreciated.

Back