5.1 Multi Channel Music on a Desktop System?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, you could add a sound card (remember those?) like this: Sound Blaster ZXR

Get a set of 5.1 speakers like these: Logitech 5.1 Speakers

Then use Foobar or another program to play DVDs, DVD-Audios, DTS CDs, and ripped SACDs.
The center speaker can live under or over your monitor.

[ NOTE: These items are merely suggestions and not endorsements. ]
Just pulled in those Logitech 5.1 speakers you mentioned! Thanks Jon -I know I'm slow on buying stuff. But also got my new MOTU UltraLite-mk4.
Getting close to making it happen. The Logitech looks great (but they shorted me a couple speaker wires - no big deal I got extra!)
I'll report back when everything is hooked up and checked out. I'm dealing with 100 deg. temps. here and the A/C went out on us a few days ago, major suck time right now.

Just pulled in those Logitech 5.1 speakers you mentioned! Thanks Jon -I know I'm slow on buying stuff. But also got my new MOTU UltraLite-mk4.
Getting close to making it happen. The Logitech looks great (but they shorted me a couple speaker wires - no big deal I got extra!)
I'll report back when everything is hooked up and checked out. I'm dealing with 100 deg. temps. here and the A/C went out on us a few days ago, major suck time right now.

OK, finally got the new Logitech speakers installed! It was a real bitch figuring out how to get the Center/Sub channels to play. Turns out in the software (Realtek HD Audio Manager) you can double click on the picture of the inputs on the right panel (which do not actually correspond to the computer's inputs) and assign what channel they should be. I thought I had it configured, but maybe the plug wasn't in adequately or something. Those little bi-channel plugs can be touchy sometimes. First 5.1 rip to sample - what else, maybe my number one surround album of all time
Kamakiriad :love: :dance

Next up to install - MOTU UltraLite-mk4

I only use them for sampling ripping/conversions, never any serious listing. I don’t remember comparing Small or Full settings but would’ve set them to Small.

Back