5.1 Titles at HDTracks

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Same thoughts here JJ; plus I like Qobuz’ search, selection, downloading ease and speed & purchasing better. HDtracks were short and rude to me when inquiring about why the QS encoded Black Jazz titles they had listed weren’t actually available to purchase. I get the feeling of “Welcome to the Machine” from their site!
So now I always look to Qobuz first for a title.
I had the same experience with HDtracks customer service. I purchased the Joni Mitchell Archives and bought the high quality, not realizing that only 3 or 4 songs out of 120 were in higher quality. I wrote them and got a short response back that said it was mentioned on the page that not all tracks were of the higher quality. But 3 or 4 out of 120? Seriously? Why even do it? Anyways, I'd love to see more surround there or at Qobuz (they are usually a couple of bucks cheaper (although HDtracks has discounts coupons all the time). I have no room for boxes anymore.

Sorry to hear of the HD Tracks problems y'all have experienced. I've had nothing but good service from them. For example, I purchased this 24-bit release of Jean-Michel Jarre's Equinoxe Infinity: HDtracks | You can hear the difference. Listen on the go in master studio quality. and some dimwit has faded-out the last few seconds of each track which really messes with the flow of the album as it's meant to be listened to as 1 piece with each track blending into each other like it does on the CD. I let HD Tracks know, they refunded me + gave me a code to download something else free. Nice.

By the way, the 24-bit Equinoxe Infinity sounds OK. Not a lot of breathing room at the tops of the waveforms when viewed in Audacity though.

Almost all classical titles, and the way HDTracks seem to sell anything these days - so much Brickwalled RedBook it's not funny along with the MQA (which I am liking less & less all the time) but the biggest problem for me in UK is that we have very little alternative any more.
HDTracks.co.uk no longer exists, so everything has to go through the US store which always costs me a premium for the currency conversion. That blows.

NERD ALERT UNSPECIFIC TO HDTRACKS
However, this issue pales into insignificance beside what is now happening at HighResAudio.com, a download seller based in Germany who are often much cheaper than HDtracks but who I can no longer actually buy from as they seem to require mandatory use of something called iPIN at checkout, which my bank does not use or provide either as they tell me that their 'Verified By Visa' (which randomly sends an SMS to my cellphone to confirm a purchase, or all the time if it is over a certain amount) is perfectly good enough, and indeed the website in question's 'Payment Info' page states clearly that they also use 'Verified By Visa'
yet on attempting to check out, I get told that because I do not have an iPIN I am effectively screwed. See attached screen grabs.
So I go to my bank website & search 'iPIN' and get 'No Results Found'.
Hmmm.
I do a general search for iPIN & all I can find are EU banks who use this, specifically Deutsche Bank, and it is their T&C where things start to ring SERIOUS alarm bells. I have attached the T&C for reference but the alarming clauses are the third, sixth & seventh. The 3rd says that I agree to provide the bank with any information they may ask me for whatsoever. The sixth is even more worrying & states that the bank can block my use of this facility at any time without providing any reasons whatsoever, and if that were not enough the seventh says that I agree to indemnify the bank against any & all damage or loss, direct or consequential.
Is this the reason for the Pseudopandemic? Fisrt a global Biosecurity system where you get a global 'Digital ID' that will not only carry all medical and 'vaccination' information, but also your financials and that this can be withdrawn at any time for any reason?
The site in question are denying all of this and are telling me it is my problem for using an out of date browser yet a new one made no difference, or an old OS (windows 7 at the time) yet again, trying on W10 made no difference. Then they say it must be on me as they have no other cases yet I know full well at least 3 others have tried in the UK and had the same problems.
Payment Info.JPG
From checkout page.JPG
TAC iPIN.png

Almost all classical titles, and the way HDTracks seem to sell anything these days - so much Brickwalled RedBook it's not funny along with the MQA (which I am liking less & less all the time) but the biggest problem for me in UK is that we have very little alternative any more.
HDTracks.co.uk no longer exists, so everything has to go through the US store which always costs me a premium for the currency conversion. That blows.

However, this issue pales into insignificance beside what is now happening at HighResAudio.com, a download seller based in Germany who are often much cheaper than HDtracks but who I can no longer actually buy from as they seem to require mandatory use of something called iPIN at checkout, which my bank does not use or provide either as they tell me that their 'Verified By Visa' (which randomly sends an SMS to my cellphone to confirm a purchase, or all the time if it is over a certain amount) is perfectly good enough, and indeed the website in question's 'Payment Info' page states clearly that they also use 'Verified By Visa'
yet on attempting to check out, I get told that because I do not have an iPIN I am effectively screwed. See attached screen grabs.
Hmmm.
I do a general search for iPIN & all I can find are EU banks who use this, specifically Deutsche Bank, and it is their T&C where things start to ring SERIOUS alarm bells. I have attached the T&C for reference but the alarming clauses are the third, sixth & seventh. The 3rd says that I agree to provide the bank with any information they may ask me for whatsoever. The sixth is even more worrying & states that the bank can block my use of this facility at any time without providing any reasons whatsoever, and if that were not enough the seventh says that I agree to indemnify the bank against any & all damage or loss, direct or consequential.
Is this the reason for the Pseudopandemic? Fisrt a global Biosecurity system where you get a global 'Digital ID' that will not only carry all medical and 'vaccination' information, but also your financials and that this can be withdrawn at any time for any reason?
The site in question are denying all of this and are telling me it is my problem for using an out of date browser yet a new one made no difference, or an old OS (windows 7 at the time) yet again, trying on W10 made no difference. Then they say it must be on me as they have no other cases yet I know full well at least 3 others have tried in the UK and had the same problems.
View attachment 75335
View attachment 75336
View attachment 75337

That is very very bad, no one should agree to such terms

Interesting thread, lots of good opinions. I have bought a ton of HDTracks and have generally always liked the quality, the low end has a nice rich feel and airy at the same time, that is what I notice most about 24 bit downloads. They sound really good when put onto SSD and played in car.
My customer experience with HDTracks has been fantastic, really only a couple of problems, and yes I did buy, I forget what it was, a release that only a few of the songs where 24bit, I felt a little miffed but now I just read the fine print which is right below the title.

2020 they offered titles in 5.1, all classical, but I bought one just to hear the quality of the 5.1 separation and it was very good, I just hated the music.

There downloader works almost flawlessly compared to there first downloader which you usually had to reboot.

After reading your different opinions I registered at Quboz as I am always trying to find something better, so we will see?

If you are into classical I think the best site is NativeDSD, I have been able to purchase some of there jazz and blues titles, nice PDF liner notes, you can go back anytime and reload if you lose, etc. I guarantee you, if NativeDSD sold pop/rock they would be my go to.

Hmmm.
View attachment 75335
View attachment 75336
View attachment 75337
Just remember contracts do not supersede your rights under law. :)

Back