$5 SACD Sale on APO Blues & Vocal Albums

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmoura

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
Acoustic Sounds is offering a $5 closeout sale on 7 of their blues and female vocal albums on the Analogue Productions label.
The albums will remain available on other formats (LP, DSD Download, FLAC Download) after the sale is completed.

https://store.acousticsounds.com/index.cfm?get=results&saleid=528&CategoryID=4

I have them all and would recommend them all. Honeyboy Edwards has a cool 13min interview, track 14, that is cool, old blues guy.

I thought the Honeyboy was the worst one...the audio is superb...but the vocals are some of the worst I have ever heard...and I've heard a lot of blues music...and then when he started talking...and talking and talking...that's was it for me...I couldn't even finish the disc...Myra Taylor and Nancy Bryan were pretty good...the audio portion on all of the one's I bought was excellent...

At $5 each, I ordered the whole set on SACD.
Looks like a deal to me.

The audio is superb...the content...well...that's another thing...I bought 2 copies of Honeyboy as I was going to give one to a friend...after listening to most of it...I opted to not give it to him....Myra Taylor and Nancy Bryan aren't too bad...on the vocal side...so basically that's $20 for music that I will never play again...there is some value..I can use the SACD cases if I need one....as with all music...if you like the content...it's worth it....but it's no great deal IMO...

The audio is superb...the content...well...that's another thing...I bought 2 copies of Honeyboy as I was going to give one to a friend...after listening to most of it...I opted to not give it to him....Myra Taylor and Nancy Bryan aren't too bad...on the vocal side...so basically that's $20 for music that I will never play again...there is some value..I can use the SACD cases if I need one....as with all music...if you like the content...it's worth it....but it's no great deal IMO...

Talk about Singing the Blues, Clinty! BTW, for 5 bucks, you can buy 5 replacement SACD cases from Music Direct [they're currently on sale reduced from $10]! https://www.musicdirect.com/accessories/super-jewel-box-sacd-case-5-pack-asjbsaorg

Back